To any Wag'N Tails Pet Stylist Elite owners:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To any Wag'N Tails Pet Stylist Elite owners:

Looking for some feedback on the Elite because I'm thinking about getting one.
    Want to hear from current and previous owners. Pros & cons of the vehicle, it's features, how it handles, etc.
    Thanks!

I have a Pet Pro Van, and love Wagntails. They are just so "put together". I have found if you run a clean business, are a great groomer, and love dogs you can do very well for yourself. Mine are an 04 and 07 and the van is plenty of space. I am not sure why one would get the Elite, personally. Unless you run two of you in the unit. I only run one groomer in each van. I think the bathroom is great but not great enough to fix problems and empty. Also, if you run your business extremely professional and have a Wag n tails you will be able to charge a bit more for your services. I highly recommend them. The thought that went into the design of the van is perfect. I find there are not many things I would do different. Good Luck

Comment

I have an Elite and I love it. One of the advantages is the bathroom. Also I like to walk around my table when grooming so as not to move the dog around after positioning it. Also the roomier grooming area and the fact that I don't have to bend over to get in the van. The bus doors are a real great feature. Easy to get dogs in & out of the van. i do a few large breeds and it's so easy for them and me to get in the van. The extra space over the crate comes in handy at a two dog house. I find that the dogs do well when they can be with each other and watch what's going on. Loads of storage area.

it did take a bit of time to learn how to handle the truck. It's real easy now and somedays I amaze myself how well I've learned how to back it up and park it. Like all big trucks wind can be an issue, it does use gas, and drives like a truck. When I drive my Tahoe now I feel as if I'm driving a luxury vehicle and it's a truck too.

having the frig is also a great feature. Makes it nice to be able to carry lunch and drinks and snacks. The microwave I only use in the winter, just to warm up shampoo's and conditioners. I don't have the stereo nor the dvd /tv. Next Elite will have at least the stereo. I opted to spend the money on an extra exhaust vent and the anti-freeze system and upgrade the water and gray tank.

This might sound a bit conceited but I like the "WOW" I get from new clients which I always invite them the first time to bring their pet and and see the van.

The support and customer service at WNT's is the best. Even after the sale. Which is very important when you are just starting out.

Good luck in your decision.

Comment

Thank you Wag n Tails......

I also have an ELITE , I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!! Not much too add! DITTO to everything Fast Ellie stated, the only thing I can add is I would buy another in a heart beat and groom mobile in nothing else. I have the TV and Stereo, I wouldn't get the TV again.
        Wag N tails rocks you can't ask for a better company to back you up!!
        ***Darlynn***
        ***DON"T HATE ME BECAUSE IM POODLEFUL!!***

Comment

Pet Pro is #1 selling grooming van

Hello!
          I have a WnT Pet Pro, smaller than the Elite. Keep in mind the size of your rig, here in Venice, CA we have extremely narrow alleys and streets. Parking can also be an issue, especially at night. Does your neighborhood allow commercial vans to be outside at night? Be sure you need that much space if this your first van. Do lots of research-ask other mobile groomers in your area to look at their vans. Find an Onan repair shop and a reliable mechanic.
          Good luck my friend!

Comment

I'm so happy to have all the feedback! Thanks very much to everyone! I am looking forward to becoming part of the "Mobile Grooming Family" and I agree with everyone who said WnT offers the best customer service. They have been very helpful and informative so it's exciting to envision the day I pick up my vehicle!!!

Comment

I had a elite but had to sell it about 4 years ago when we relocated. It was a rediculous buy at the time, the area i was in just was not great for mobile at the time and i had 0 clients so i just never even broke even . That said the vehicle itself was awesome infact i think about it all the time when im pulling my trailer and thinking how nice it would be to just pull up in someones driveway or pull into a parking spot at the store without having to deal with the trailer. I am not a good driver at all and i was able to drive my Elite and feel comfortable driving it the first day i got it. I only had trouble when it was really windy which i don't know but i think you may not have as much of a issue if it were a van...my trailer is about the same as my elite was when i comes to wind but its only a big deal i think if you are on the e-way which i rarely am.

If you can afford the payment buy 1!

Comment

Don't own one, but...

While at the Dina Perry seminar, she demonstrated the Super Sudser system to us in the Elite. We had the whole class in the Elite at the same time. 12 adults were all in there and there was still room for at least 4 or 5 more. I was very impressed with the size.

Two things that the Elite has the the other don't is the restroom (very important) and you can walk around the grooming table (kinda important), but you can get one of those rotating tables to make up the difference.

Just the opinion of a novice.

Comment

Originally posted by preciousfurs View Post
                  I'm so happy to have all the feedback! Thanks very much to everyone! I am looking forward to becoming part of the "Mobile Grooming Family" and I agree with everyone who said WnT offers the best customer service. They have been very helpful and informative so it's exciting to envision the day I pick up my vehicle!!!

I love mine. What area are you located in, perhaps we can let you see one in action !

Comment

Elite's new features

Hi all. I purchased a new Elite 9-1-09. I went diesel however; huge difference in fuel comsumption and wear and tear. The downside of a diesel however is that the generator is much larger and has to be built in under the front groom/desk station...and that has to be extended longer; which comes out to a huge station...double drawers but does take up a lot more walking around room. Of course a diesel has much less maintance. Also the new Elites has the 3-n-1 table that rotates 360 degrees with a built in ramp and is a dream. The only thing I totally "hate" is where they put the vaccume hose....its literally under foot the entire time you are bathing.....dumb place to put it. If I had known that is where it was placed I would've given up a lower cabinet in a heartbeat and had them re-route the vaccume hose through it. Other than that....most, most awesome vehicle. I put in my own i-pod/radio on the first station (a bit of velcro for that ) and no need for TV and high-end stereo systems. I however planned this vehicle for expansion and had them upgrade the clipper vac to the B & B for multiple stations. I also own a ProVan and love them both. If you buy one....get everything you can that is of use, supersudser, clipper vac and cosmos shampoo systems...also....also....upgrade to 100 gallon water tank vs the 50....you'll appreciate it.

Poochlady

Comment

Love at first sight!!!!! Wnt rocks!!!

Originally posted by preciousfurs View Post
                      Looking for some feedback on the Elite because I'm thinking about getting one.
                      Want to hear from current and previous owners. Pros & cons of the vehicle, it's features, how it handles, etc.
                      Thanks!

I fell in love with the Elite the first moment I laid eyes on it. Get the T.V., the stereo...the entire ball of wax.. Remember, you are going to be spending lots of time in this baby. Make it comfortable and enjoyable. I love the music, I get to watch T.V. when I want..especially if there is some bad weather coming, etc...I am informed and ready to take action. (Florida..you know..storms, hurricanes, lightning..ugh!) Anyways, go for it. The only drawback... sometimes I get a bit lonely; coming from a shop with lots of people coming in and out, it's a change. The WNT family is wonderful and very helpful when you need them. You will get to know Jamie, and he will be your best friend. Good luck!!!!!!

Comment

I own a home conversion, but, rode in an elite several days all day when I stayed with GLG in Wisconsin.

Good things other trucks do not have:

Storage cabinet (can be built)

Bathroom (a life saver)

Winterizing system for the plumbing

LOTS of power. It is possible to use AC/Heat at the same time as the blow dryer

Room for an addtl groomer or bather (LG uses that area to stage portraits which vets her more income)

Lots of room in the cab for two groomers & all their sundries

Division between back & front of rig-keeps the hair outta your purse

Great cust service when it comes to maintenance

GREAT lighting (can be built in)

Lighted table (Not everyone likes this item)

You can walk all the way around the dog (or you can add another arm at the foot of the table & turn the dog NOT you--this forces you to be more meticulous & efficient as you are more likely to do things right the first time--you inadvertantly get more & more efficient as you do each dog)

It has a fridge & microwave so you can eat lunch in your truck and move on--at the end of the day if you bring your lunch & use the bathroom in your truck you can REALLY save a lot of time

Things it has that are not issues in other units:

The gennie draws gas from the (2) tanks so if the tanks go low the gennie won't start so you have to RS while you gas up.

It is HUGE! If you do not have a house with a driveway WHERE do you park it? How much does RV storage cost in your area & what kind of security do you have? Will it get broken into?

It comes with a ramp for big dogs. This is stored right inside the doors to the back & you are supposed to use it to get the big dogs from the table to the tub. I never could make it work alone. I got GLG's teen daughter to do my grunt work. She is as pretty as a picture, but, strong as a hoss. Plus they were her dogs so they obeyed her better.
                        "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
                        People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

[QUOTE=JMarti521;414004]While at the Dina Perry seminar, she demonstrated the Super Sudser system to us in the Elite. ...
                          Just the opinion of a novice.[/QUOTE

Did you decide on the Elite JMarti?
                          What does a dog do on it's day off?

Comment

If I had the chance to do it all over again, I would have gone with the elite. Although I love my pro van, there is one thing that I have never been able to get used to....the table. I hate only being able to be on one side of it (if you squish yourself you can get on the ends too. I also find that there is not enough room to do my standard poodle the way I would like. When he's standing on the table, in order to work on his topknot, I'm pushed against the door of the van in order to not be on top of him.

Unfortunately, because of the huge medical bills we have, I'm not in the position to get one and probably won't be for a long time.
                            don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

We've got one which we lovingly call our Merry Puppins van. If you need any specific information on it, feel free to contact us. It's a great van and with the graphics on it - it's certainly a huge rolling billboard advertising our services.

Comment

Working...
                              X