Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Am Probably Going To Hang Up MY Clippers June 12th.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Am Probably Going To Hang Up MY Clippers June 12th.

I see no solution to this and this problem I had posted, then deleted. The ridiculous proposals will go thru and no one in my county that is mobile will be happy. It isn't a matter of compliance.....they make it impossible to comply and it would NOT be cost prohibitive if their new plans (rules) go through. Perhaps those with recently renewed permits won't have to deal with it til next year, but it will eventually effect us all. I have never had a misdemeanor, or so much as a moving violaton or speeding ticket in many years and I don't want to start now. I'd rather a doctor tell me I can't work, than some councilman, who decides my fate.
    Last edited by Jenneversage64; 05-14-10, 10:11 PM.

What state do you live in?

maybe you can move?,sorry for all the problems.

Originally posted by Jenneversage64 View Post
    I see no solution to this and this problem I had posted, then deleted. The ridiculous proposals will go thru and no one in my county that is mobile will be happy. It isn't a matter of compliance.....they make it impossible to comply and it would be cost prohibitive if their new plans (rules) go through. Perhaps those with recently renewed permits won't have to deal with it til next year, but it will eventually effect us all. I have never had a misdemeanor, or so much as a moving violaton or speeding ticket in many years and I don't want to start now. I'd rather a doctor tell me I can't work, than some councilman, who decides my fate.

Comment

Sorry to hear you have decided

to hang up your clippers. I bet there will be a lot of groomers in your position. When I was there, and a member of APPGA, there were several members that were mobile. Have you contacted APPGA to see if they can help or have any ideas? Mavis was an avtive member when I was there. www.azpetgroomers.com Mavis is out in Queen Creek and one of the first mobile groomers out in the east valley, and Trish has a mobile fleet (mostly in PHX)...I'd give them a call and see what is being done.

Comment

I had to make alot of changes to my mobile before I started, it cost me over $2,500 to get it up to code for the county. I only had one water tank so I had to buy another new one have it installed and switch the pipping and electricity over, I had to draw and submit plans too before even being able to bring my unit in for inspection, I had to repaint my ceiling and some other things too. I had to get a letter from the RV place letting the county know I will be dumping my grey water there(have to have a new one each year). The county had regulations back then and they are no different then they are now as I have read them and compared them to the old ones.

Comment

Maybe you should try to fight for more reasonable regulations. Go to your local paper and see if you can get a reporter interested in your story. There surely are many others who would be sympathetic to your cause. Don't give up!
          A Light exists in Spring, Not present on the Year, At any other period -- When March is scarcely here...~~ Emily Dickensen~~

Comment

Im not sure if i missed something..i know you said you posted and deleted so maybe i did. Are you in AZ? I am and just went through some things with my mobile but wondering what else is going on if you are here?

Comment

I just re-read the proposed changes and had my husband do the same as he was the one who submitted all the plans when we first started back in 2007 and the proposed changes are nothing different just worded differently. You were able to groom without a county license for sometime but now the county found out about it and you are mad because you have to do some changes to your rig. Like I said before you are running a business and you have to expect to pay for somethings (license,etc).
              Last edited by mindiv; 05-16-10, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Link to proposed changes

http://www.maricopa.gov/EnvSvc/About...20Revision.pdf

Comment

I think it all sounds perfectly valid to be honest, very sensible requirements.

I read that you can't have home shops in the country? That must hurt! I wonder why they don't just have a decent set of licensing rules and enforce them? Would be nice to have that option if you could...

Instead of hanging up, why not open a small shop?

Comment

Mindiv....I read the link you posted....so let me ask: what is an 'animal comissary' and where do you dump your grey water? Seems like pretty strict rules....

Comment

Legal Help

Have you had a lawyer look at it. Get some other mobile owners together, split the lawyer fee's and see where you can go with it.
                      Arizona has tons of boot leg mobile groomers, and many were criminal minded. If you band together maybe you can get somewhere. I always dumped at the car wash and rinsed off my rig at the sametime. Never had a problem.
                      Another thing is a drippy rig is unprofessional in my opinion.
                      If I got an fluid leak I parked in the street until I got it fixed (ASAP) I always checked the driveway and scrubbed anything I thought might get blamed on my rig. When I moved to another state the city council didn't understand what I was doing. It took alot of time and explaining what I doing and chemicals I was using (or lack of chemicals) Good Luck.

Comment

Seems like a nazi county to me. Why in the world for all these strict regulations and who dreamed this up??? Sounds to me like there are bigger fish to fry than worrying about what type of wall coverering a mobile unit has inside. For those of you that live in that county do you have to have a permit to breathe also???????????

Comment

Sounds like someone who knows nothing about grooming wrote this! Or maybe a shop owner who doesnt want mobiles for competition! You are going to have to find a shop owner who would be willing to put thereself on the line because Im sure if you are tied to there business they would ultimetly be responsible for your actions! That shop owner will have to have an area for you to park where you can fill your water tank with your approved hose, dump your water, (it says you have to dump your water there, NOT at a RV dump site) wash your vehicle, (becareful because Im sure you cant let any soapy water go down the drain or on the street) Hopefully its not to far from your area since you need to stop by there every day and dont forget to write down the time! I would tell all my loyal clients that I will be moving unless this was stopped and make sure all other groomers realize the details because it seems to me that it will be impossible to comply! I can understand the tanks and sanitary conditions of the vehicle but the being tied to a shop is just dumb!

Comment

Originally posted by mindiv View Post
                            I just re-read the proposed changes and had my husband do the same as he was the one who submitted all the plans when we first started back in 2007 and the proposed changes are nothing different just worded differently. You were able to groom without a county license for sometime but now the county found out about it and you are mad because you have to do some changes to your rig. Like I said before you are running a business and you have to expect to pay for somethings (license,etc). Sorry to sound harsh but its the truth..
                            Its easier said than done. I believe it was you that posted you had to spend a couple of grand to make the 'team' happy. Fine for someone who can afford it and what a shame if you couldn't. What they made you go through to make them happy doesn't stop the fly by night's at all, it only justifies their existance. The more rules and regulations the more businesses will either shut down, move out or run things under the radar. That means less money for the town in the long run and the less money they make over time will cost you more in more permits and fees.
                            Nobody wins when things are run like this.

To the op, either move or operate under the table. A lot of folks are doing that in your state. Now I can see why.

Comment

I live in Maricopa County, my trailer is an old home conversion I bought and was made according to regulations.. these rules are all put into place to control environment issues...after all Arizona did just pop up as the most polluted air state to live in. The reason some of the rules may appear crazy an unreasonable is because it looks to me like they have now put mobile pet shop and mobile salon together...as a mobile salon the pet shop rules do not pertain to us. They also say you cant so much have a bottle of your own water in mobile while working but dont think for a second I will pass out for County, I have my own water in the trailer all the time, do I sell it no and if I want to drink dog hair thats up to me, after all everything is better with dog hair in it. I know it seems overwhelming and spendy to get your vehicle up to compliance but there are ways around things....alot of us have tricks for every inspection. We are the ones who know what it takes to pass the inspection and the ones who know what it takes to do our jobs. What we need is a groomer in charge or someone with a clue and it would make it much easier but I do honestly believe there has to be some type of regulations esp. here in the heat....they ask for two vents and an a/c on your unit for a very good reason.... do i think we should be looked over by a mobile food department ? no way i have always found that part crazy...we dont serve food in any kind of way. but do i think if someone is trying to sell puppies out of their mobile it needs regulations? of course I do. Im due for an inspection by the end of the month, let ya'll know how it goes. Sorry you are having so many issues and drama over this, maybe some of us mobiles can get together and look at your rig and help you cost effectively get up to speed to comply.

Comment

Working...
                              X