Linen service for mobile?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linen service for mobile?

Was wondering if anyone with a mobile unit used a linen service? Honestly, with the kids clothes, household linens/towels/rugs and hubby and my clothes I have more than enough laundry to keep up with. I was thinking of trying to contact a linen service. I know we used one at the salon I used to work at and went through a lot more towels than what I would need. I think it was $18 a week for my boss. I don't know if it's worth it though, the towels we got were never as absorbent as most of what I use.
    What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

I think you would be better off hiring an out of work neighbor. You can keep your own high quality towels.
    "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
    People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

I always wondered if they would take towels that had been used on dogs since they're so hairy - even after you've washed them. Do they keep them separate? Can you imagine getting your hair washed in some posh salon and she pulls out a towel covered in dog hair? LOL

Comment

i use a towel service

The towels are not perfect but they are clean and ready to go each morning i just stuff them in a bag hair etc at the end of the day grab a clean bundle and i anm off doing my own towels in the begining got me a new dryer but they wrecked it in no time the service is a life saver well worth the expense started out 35 $ a week as business grew /added a 2 van it is now 65 $ a week but we never run out of towels so i am happy with it !!

Comment

While I'm not mobile, my towel service has been GREAT!!!

I got so tired of lugging towels to wash/dry/fold/etc and then lugging them back. If I forgot or ran out of time, then I had to scrounge for towels. It was becoming a real PITA, not to mention the wear and tear on my equipment and septic system. My hubby didn't like all the hair and stuff that was included in me washing them at home, so then I started taking them to the laundromat. That was quicker, but even more of a pain and the cost was around $10 each time.

My towel service is thru Cintas and it runs me around $16 or so per week and I have clean towels 100% of the time with no lugging, trudging, or sweating Very well worth the cost IMO. Yeah, the towels aren't as plush as the household towels I was using, but with my absorbers (that get most of the water off) they work just fine.

Comment

I used to do laundry every night. I finally told bossman he had to buy me a separate commercial washer, wash my towels himself every night (LOL, yeah, like that's even an option) or go with a linen service. He opted for Aramark and overall we're pretty happy with them, but there are a couple of downsides. The towels are much lower quality than the super fluffy million dollar turkish cotton things that we used to use. So instead of 1-2 towels per dog, I use 4-5. And sometimes they'll try and sneak mechanic's shop towels into our bundles. I'll pull a "clean" towel out and it smells like gasoline. I take those and set them aside & our account is credited.

Those are about the only negative things I can think of, though. Its nice to always have stacks and scads of clean towels at my disposal that I dont have to wash. The towel dude shows up on monday with piles of clean towels, couple hundred of em, and takes the heavy, smelly canvas bags of dirties with him. I can use as many as I want - yesterday I used 23 for a cat and four small dogs! I can come home from work and stop working instead of spending my evening doing laundry. And I dont have to feel bad if I use a towel to clean up something disgusting in the van because i ran out of paper towels or something.
            Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
            George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Comment

LOVE towel service!!

It is definitely worth it!!

They don't give doggy people the salon-quality towels. And they usually don't give doggy people mechanics towels, lol, but mistakes do occur. And yes, they are thinner than towels I used to buy for my salon BUT - since the use of HV blowers, those thick towels were a waste! One thin towel underneath a dog even LIGHTLY blown in the tub is plenty. If I have a thicker coated dog, or one that was hyper about being blown (or the occasional large dog), I put two towels down in the kennel. (If I was mobile, I'd put two on the table, I guess.)

Anyway, what I have found is that I hang the towels to dry overnight (draped on kennels, grooming posts, etc) so that they don't get mushed up damp and start to smell musty. The next day they are dry and get put in the bin or the sack.

Works great. Unless you have a VERY quiet business, it's the way to go.

Comment

I tried it but the towels were such poor quality I couldn't do it. I buy my towels at Sams Club. Big, fluffy, and I love them. Two loads of towels per day and more, my washer is about shot. Good luck.

Comment

Don't see the problem

I too buy my towels at Sams....except the real good water magnets that I buy at Pet Edge. I purchased a high quality front-loader washer...still have the same old dryer from 8 years ago and have never had any problem...the filter gets the hair in the washer and the rest gets caught in the lint trap in the dryer. I do make sure to empty it every other day; needed or not. I wash towels every day. I have plenty on hand to run 2 vans for up to 2 days without washing if need be. I put a table in my garage by my washer so everything stays there conveniently. Its not really a big deal except I did learn that using detergent alone wasn't cutting the smell as I wanted so I do ad Clorox to each load with no problems and spotless, fresh smelling towels. I wash at night, put in dryer in the morning and fold those in the evening as the next load is washing. I don't see any extra strain on my machine from hair. Of course if we had some really shedding dogs that day; I might give those towels a "flick" before washing.

Poochlady

Comment

Originally posted by Debbiedogs View Post
                    BUT - since the use of HV blowers, those thick towels were a waste! One thin towel underneath a dog even LIGHTLY blown in the tub is plenty. If I have a thicker coated dog, or one that was hyper about being blown (or the occasional large dog), I put two towels down in the kennel. (If I was mobile, I'd put two on the table, I guess.)
                    I respectfully disagree & it is not often I disagree with you. In a mobile GOOD, thirsty towels are a great investment because the better you towel dry the more drying time you save. I find that higher quality towels help raise my bottom line because I not only save time I also save gas from my gennie as I do not have to blow dry so long.
                    "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
                    People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

Working...
                    X