Book Keeping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Book Keeping

Hi, does anyone use Quick Books? If yes, how's it working for you. If no, do you use some other book keeping method or computer program??

Cathy

Hi Kathy,
    I just ordered and installed quickbooks but I haven't quite figured it out yet. I have an appt. with my accountant next week and she's going to help me with it. I'll let you know how it goes. Do you currently use the program? If so how is it going for you?
    Carrie

Comment

I've had it for a month or 2 & do like it. I'm still trying to get into the habit of using it though. Some of it is a little confusing. Like if I get a cash tip, I don't put that in the bank. I just have to remember not to spend it on the business though because then quickbooks wants to know where the cash came from & then I'm & its all messed up. Then the other thing I've run into is if my husband bought something for the business but used our personal account I'm not sure how to do that one. Other then a few minor things I do like it.

Shannon
      The Soapy Puppy

Comment

Quick Books

I recently took an intro to Quck Books class (4 hrs), thinking I could then purchase the program and figure it out to use it...I'm fairly computer literate. Well, I don't think so. I think I learned enough to know that is just not the way it works. There was another student in the class that had done exactly that for an auto repair shop and I asked her if what we went over in that class would be enough for her to use the program now and she did not think so. It seems to be much more involved that I'd thought. The instructor reccommended a 20 hr class or having an accountant install train you to it. I just am trying to decide if, for a small one person business, is it worth losing appointments/revenue to take a class or is a traditional non computer system just as effective?? Any comments or suggestions?

CP

Comment

I have used QuickBooks for over two years and love it. I have a banking background so it was really easy for me to understand and set up. Look in your area for someone that teaches a QuickBooks class and see if you like it.
          I claim all of my income including tips and at the end of the year I export my files to my accountant and my taxes are done in a few days. Here in NY you need to collect sales tax and send it in quarterly. QuickBooks keeps track of this and at the end of the quarter you click on three buttons and your done
          They have reports that are easy to use and tell you where you stand on that day or month or year. There is also a report that will tell you your tips. You also can set up an Officer Loan account so when you use your own money you can pay yourself back through the business. I LOVE it!!!

Comment

We use Pet 123 and haven't had a need for quick book even though we have it.

Comment

Working...
            X