Ideas for grooming Booth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas for grooming Booth

I was invited to attend a community pet expo type event. I will be the only mobile groomer there. I will definately have coupons, bowns bandanas, goody bags. I need games or ideas on how to attrack people over to my table. I was thinking of a wheel of fortune with prizes kinda thing. or bandana decorating?
    has anyone done this before any good idea would be appreciated?

Done a bunch of these

We have always offered free nail trims and mini makeovers. Make sure on your sign you put "free PET nail trims" or you will have the usual amount of "I think I'm funny" guys coming up for their nails trimmed. While you are dealing with it for the 10th time potential customers are walking by. Have goodie bags with treats and your cards (2 or 3) and brochures in them, just hand them out to everyone that walks by. If you do cats have kitty bags as well. We tried with the put your name in for a huge gift basket but people don't like stopping and writing their info, never got anything out of it. The thing is to get your info out there I just had someone call me this week from a thing we did a year ago. These things can be a lot of fun, bring helpers if you have them.

Comment

Originally posted by ncylou View Post
      Make sure on your sign you put "free PET nail trims" or you will have the usual amount of "I think I'm funny" guys coming up for their nails trimmed.
      Ha! I cannot tell you how often I am leaving the van in a strip mall parking lot to grab lunch when a group of guys uses this terrible joke on me -- typically it's a small group and the group clown volunteers one of his buddies for a bath. WHY do they think it's so freaking funny? I just fake laff "Ha ha guys" and quickly walk away.

Comment

I will be doing the same type thing but my van we converted will be there for me to show off. I'm watching this thread for lots of ideas. The first one is at my daughter's school she'll be attending next yr so basicly its for the kids & parents to get to feel & see all the mobile type vehicles out there, fire trucks, mobile grooming, plumbers etc. They call it "Touch A Truck". I might bring my cocker to use as a demo dog, not sure if she can handle all the little kids though.

For the other one I'm hoping to do is called "Bark in the Park". I hope to have a table out with a "v" shaped poster board with dog's I've done. I personally don't want to do nails, what if I get a screamer? Or I nick a nail? How will that look to all the on lookers? I'm the type that gets nervous in this kind of things so I won't be doing nails.

Shannon
        The Soapy Puppy

Comment

Originally posted by Meesh View Post
          Ha! I cannot tell you how often I am leaving the van in a strip mall parking lot to grab lunch when a group of guys uses this terrible joke on me -- typically it's a small group and the group clown volunteers one of his buddies for a bath. WHY do they think it's so freaking funny? I just fake laff "Ha ha guys" and quickly walk away.
          I posted this before, but for those who missed it: I pull up to a 7/11 for a soda and as Im walking in, a group of high school guys were milling about. One of them popped off. "Hey, Lady! Do you shave pu**ies"? Without missing a beat, I smiled at him and said, "Yep. I wash a**holes, too, but you're on your own today, darlin'." He had the good grace to turn beet red and his buddies just about died laughing. They were still teasing him about it when I left a couple of minutes later.
          Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
          George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Comment

"Hey, Lady! Do you shave pu**ies"? Without missing a beat, I smiled at him and said, "Yep. I wash a**holes, too, but you're on your own today, darlin'."

What an awesome comeback....This is me High fiving you!!!

Comment

Great, PF!!!

Loved it - wow, are you good with a comeback!!!

Comment

Sorry, Nza....I wasn't trying to hijack your thread. I also wanted to let you know that we take our vans to the Home & Garden Show every year. We're nestled in between the Humane Society and Greyhound Rescue. Along with some of the other really good suggestions you've received, we found that a laptop with a slideshow of our groom photos was a great hit and a real attention getter. I really like the idea of a roulette wheel, too.

I'd be a little leery of doing nailtrims, I think, for the same reasons already mentioned....what about a free de-shed for labs or something along those lines?
                Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
                George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Comment

Working...
                X