It blew today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It blew today!

I went off to my first appointment today. Started up the generator and about 1 minute later the generator blew apart. It was acting a little funny for the last couple of days; not shutting off properly and such. I'm not complaining its a portable type that has been good to me and its previous owner for nearly 3 years now. It has never leaked a drop or oil caused any major issues. It had a briggs motor so I'm probably going to get a new motor since everything else is still in good condition and keep it as a back up. I got another portable this one has a three year warranty and more output. Kinda hurts though since I didn't really expect it and had not budgeted for a new generator.

On the upside I got my new generator installed late late this evening and all my cancelled appt. rescheduled for next week. Not venting just wanted to share. The old generator had at least 6000 hrs on it. Just shows that you can do mobile with a cheaper non-commercial genny if your budget doesn't have the moo-laa for a commercial unit.

good to know. My shuttle bus will be using a Briggs and Statton 8000 watt gene from Home Depot. It was on sale for $800 so couldn't pass it up. I know quite a few groomers who use the contractor grade gene's without an issue and hoping soon to be one of them.
    What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

So sorry to hear about your problems

I groom right on the Hudson river,from Lincoln tunnel to George Washington Bridge area,we'll on one morning,I was set to be grooming a dog,started the generator up(just 2 days old) On my trailer tongue(it had a Onan generator ,which came with the trailer,from Gryphon trailer co,don't ever buy from him)so I replaced with the one that blew up. We'll started up the generator about 5 minutes later,it blew up.When that happen many people ran out of their home,the pet's owner ran out of his home too,some one called the fire department and the police showed up. now image to yourself, this the same area where the world trade center(911),Hudson river plane crashed,so this loud explosion they thought they where under attack again,all I know was that shihtzu's eyes were as big as mine,as I asked the dog are we still alive. Anyhow after I explained what happen,I left the scene ,canceled all my appointments for that day,I directly went to Harbor Fright to buy another generator(9000) ,which I got a 3 year replacement on the generator, what a day, and was back in business the next,had to pay for the new generator.

Comment

So sorry to hear about your problems

double post
        Last edited by desertdogs64; 05-06-10, 10:59 AM. Reason: double post

Comment

Mine too today...didn't blow up but definately didn't want to groom dogs today....started up this morning no problem......quit working a couple hours later......the good thing is I don't have to go to the gym today.....I got my excercise hand drying a bassett!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X