Stand dryer in a mobile?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stand dryer in a mobile?

What do you all use as a fluff dryer? Seems the typical stand dyer would take up too much room.

Anyone try one of those little hand dyers that look a a regular old blow dryer ...?
    like this.

http://www.groomerschoice.com/Andis-...tinfo/AN75310/

Seems kind of inexpensive to be good.

I don't have enough room for a stand dryer, I use Kool Dry by Chris Christnesen. It is variable speed and I use a dryer arm on the table to hold the hose. It is also queit. All Wagntails offer this option, I love it and wouldn't use anything else.

Comment

That is going to work just like a regular hairdryer. I recently got the Edemco dryer that mounts on your table with an arm. It moves in all directions, swings from table to tub. I really like it. I pretty much am using it for drying faces and ears easier. For fluff drying, I have always just used my K9II with the nozzle off.
      What does a dog do on it's day off?

Comment

I fluff with the conair yellow dog dryer. Looks like a regular hair dryer but doesn't get as hot and has a little stand to use it hands free.
        What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

Edemco table mounted stand dryer

I too have the table mounted edemco dryer. It is just the same as their normal "stand dryer" but it is table mounted to an arm. I keep mine bungee corded against the van wall while driving and not in use. It comes in real handy for heads and ears, and for hand drying long coated yorkies and such when you need to hold them and brush them. Also, when doing multiple dogs, I often have a wet dog tethered in the bathtub with the stand dryer blowing on them while I do groom another dog on the table. Really cuts down on drying time. They are expensive, but so worth it.

Comment

They show another

one in PetEdge that somebody liked on here, but still the base is fairly small. I have one and it just isn't stable. I'll have to check out the Edemco dryer mentioned. I like stretch drying but with Housecall it's not easy.
            Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

Price wise

I'd have to be convinced of the Edemco Table Mount Dryer. Lowest looks about $360. Also it's likely heavy. I still so want what Jodie had to wear a little hand dryer but she's not making/selling them. For legs I put my little dryer on a towel, folded over to get it to aim up a bit, but watching that none of the towel gets behind the intake part. At least half of my dogs get just the little Andis dryer (with lights) and almost all get it on their faces.
              Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

Originally posted by luvpups View Post
                That is going to work just like a regular hairdryer. I recently got the Edemco dryer that mounts on your table with an arm. It moves in all directions, swings from table to tub. I really like it. I pretty much am using it for drying faces and ears easier. For fluff drying, I have always just used my K9II with the nozzle off.
                That's the one I use.

Comment

I started a thread a couple of weeks ago about getting dogs really dry in mobile. After all of the advice, I stuck with the K9II, and have been using it straight through, I apray the dogs with D Knot spray, towel dry them really well, and then use the condensor to blow the water off. After that, I take off the condensor, and fluff dry with a brush and either 1 or 2 speeds - the air is warm enough by then. I have done a couple of bichons and a standard poodle this week, and they all dry perfectly. I have the Kool Dry as well, but so far only used it for a Bull Terrier who was attacking my K9II !!!

Comment

YES!

I have a stand dryer and use it on every dog, after I water strip them with my Kool Dry (one of the old originals from Ron- so you know they last a long time!) My stand dryer will have a place in the new rig too. Can't be with out it. I like that blast of heat when I need it, and I like to brush and dry at the same time, rather then HV and then brush. The fluffies I still do, and the full coated, just really need that stand dry finish you can't get any other way.

My stand dryer on high/hot only pulls 14 amps. That's OK, even with my Inverter set-up. Call me old fashioned, but I like the finish I get with my stand dryer as the last finisher. I do have a hand held, but most of them pull 18 amos, too. But in a commercial conversion, most don't even have room for a stool, let alone a stand dryer. A shame, but not something every groomer needs or wants.

Comment

The dryer holders that hang around your neck is made by Jan Taylor in OK, she raises cockers. Here is her cocker website you can contact her through that, http://www.tailormadecockers.com/. I bought one but couldn't get the hang of it. My hair was longer at the time & I found my hair would get caught in the back for the hair dryer lol. I just need a table mount stand dryer or they do have a wall mount for the edemco if your table is against the wall.

Shannon
                      The Soapy Puppy

Comment

I'm old school and the thought of not having a nice stand dryer for grooming in any situation is a deal breaker for me. I'm considering making the move to mobile grooming after relocating here, but if I can't figure out a way to make it happen I will just stay with the new shop option. My new DoubleK 9000 just arrived today and I plan to put it to use

Comment

Thanks for all the info! I currently have the big black metro with two motors. My hubby is converting an old ice cream truck into my grooming rig. We are doing the electrical and he didn't realize I used both motors so frequently. So I have to go to back doors to flip the actual dyer switches. There is a switch inside but that will only turn it off and on.
                          The only way around it is to rewire the dryer so there are two plugs. When I worked in the shop that only had one stand dryer for too many groomers at the big pet something I frequently would use one motor and take the cone off for faces and ears.

Comment

Working...
                          X