Installing hv dryer in my rig...switch question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing hv dryer in my rig...switch question

Hubby is converting my rig. I have a metro hv w/two motor speeds. We were going to put the dryer in the back end with the generator, water heater, etc with a switch to turn it off and on in the main part of the rig. Hubby is not a groomer and didn't realize that I use BOTH speeds. I usually dry with both motors on for big dogs and only one motor for small dogs. In order to put each motor on a separate switch he would have to rewire the dyer, right? What do you all do? Should I just get one of those little dryers that look like a human hand held dryer? Doesn't seem like it has enough power.

I would NOT remote wire my dryers!

I have a Kool dry that is easy to fit in my rig and take out if necessary. I have had many dryers over the years and I would not want them hard wired or the CV either. I have a switch for my CV and it is in the rear but it is plugged into a regular outlet back there. In my opinion, it is not convenient. Even a Circuilteer that looks like a home vacuum doesn't take up all that much room. I prefer variable speeds and that would be what I would want more than any remote switch. If your hubby can convert the two speed to variable, I think you'd like that. Great option for little scared puppys etc.

Comment

Here is what my dh did.

To modify the dryer will require changing the wiring inside of the dryer. If it is like the K9II dryer we used, it has 2 motors and each can be wired to a separate cord and then they can be plugged into separate switched outlets in your utility area. The switches can then be mounted in a wall anywhere in your van. The key is to open up the dryer and find out how many motors you are working with, then have a plan to modify it. Any dryer can be made to work it just takes planning.

It was easy to do.If you have questions PM me.

Sherry

Comment

I don't think we want to rip the dyer apart. It is a air force metro the big black one it has two motors and for most dogs one is enough. Usually it is the big hairy dogs I use two motors with.
        I think for now I will just turn go to the back and turn the second motor on if I need it.
        Thanks !!

Comment

Working...
        X