And Theyyyy'rrrrrrreeee Off!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And Theyyyy'rrrrrrreeee Off!

It's starting! The sun's out and they're coming in.

Me: Hello, Pets And The City..."

Man on Phone: Hi. "How much do you charge?"

Me: "for what kind of dog, sir?"

M.O.P.: "well, he's white.... I think he's a sheep dog. He's a big, white dog."

Me: "You mean a Great Pyrenees?"

M.O.P.: "yeah. That's it." We have him combed out FOR THE SUMMER! How much do you charge?"

Me: Eight hundred million dollars. LOL! J/K

That's what I really want to say, but I did quote very high to discourage him. I'm not doing OAY's anymore! Let 'em go to the blow and mow down the street. It's just not worth my time.

Hi mamabear

That is what is happening to me ,here I have been praying for more dogs and they just keep calling.(maybe I should stop praying)

My problem is ,they have waited all yr to get their furry dog clipped and they want it NOW!!!! I must admit I have not turned the OAY`s down (maybe next year)but I am also charging what the job is worth and getting it ,I do not do great Pyrenees(LOL)

Comment

I hear ya! My first of the season was an XL Malamute that only gets done EVERY OTHER year because he hates to be groomed!! Ummmm...No thanks!
      "The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is in fact the most precious and valuable possession of mankind"-Theodorus Gaza

Comment

ha!

Originally posted by Mamabearwith2 View Post
        It's starting! The sun's out and they're coming in.

Let 'em go to the blow and mow down the street. It's just not worth my time.
        ROFL...OMG. Too funny!

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabearwith2 View Post
          ...the blow and mow...
          LOL I hadn't heard that one. I LIKE it.
          "The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go." ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

I hear ya there.....

here's my conversation goes.....
            me: Merry Puppins

them: my dawg needs a wash

me: what type of dog do you have?

them: he's grey.....was white long about Christmas time....

me: any problems going on? fleas? matts?

them: he's an outside dawg of course he has fleas....and he has these tangles around his neck where the rope is to tie him to the tree

me: ok.....the bath is $$, the capstar is $$, the flea shampoo is $$, the flea and tick treatment is $$, clean up of the van is $$, so your total is $$$!

them: all that? he's just a dawg........

and in June the hounds all need to be washed cuz they stink!!! Can't wait!

Comment

I got a call yesterday asking me how much to "brush out or maybe shave" their dog who is "3/4 Great Pyrenees & 1/4 either Dalmatian, GSD or Malamute. He was bathed really well at the vets last November & before that he went to a corporate salon & got kennel cough which almost killed him. He bites on the toenails & ears & brushing, but, they won't be offended if I muzzle him. They TRY to get him done twice a year but, last year it was only once. They can only afford shots OR grooming so they choose grooming because he stinks."

I quoted $75/hr with a 3 hr minimum. She said to ask her husband & was gonna call me back. I HOPE not!!!

Laissez les bons temps rouler!!!
              Last edited by Smart-n-Pretty; 05-05-10, 04:16 PM.
              "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
              People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

I know its funny when you start grooming you take anything that calls, after you get your clientele built up, you know the warning signs of OAYS. People don't realize the cost that is involved with taking care of a dog.

Comment

German Shepherds seem to be pouring into our shop lately i did 5 in a day and they all had CHUNKS of hair falling of them i sat there brushing them for about 15 minutes and still chunks were coming off..it's like a magic trick, where in the world is all of this hair coming from it never ends!!!

Comment

the most i ever charged was for a once a year gr. pyrenees. i just started my business and refused them the next year. it was an outrageous price and they paid plus tip.
                    Certified Master Pet Tech Pet CPR, First Aid and Care Instructor
                    "Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation." Henry Ward Beecher US Congregational Minister 1813-1887

Comment

Originally posted by Smart-n-Pretty View Post
                      I quoted $75/hr with a 3 hr minimum. She said to ask her husband & was gonna call me back. I HOPE not!!!
                      DOn't worry. Whenever they say they're gonna 'talk to their husband/wife,' that's code for "Yikes! She's pretty expensive. I won't be calling HER back!"

Comment

Originally posted by merrypuppins View Post
                        here's my conversation goes.....
                        me: Merry Puppins

them: my dawg needs a wash

me: what type of dog do you have?

them: he's grey.....was white long about Christmas time....

me: any problems going on? fleas? matts?

them: he's an outside dawg of course he has fleas....and he has these tangles around his neck where the rope is to tie him to the tree

me: ok.....the bath is $$, the capstar is $$, the flea shampoo is $$, the flea and tick treatment is $$, clean up of the van is $$, so your total is $$$!

them: all that? he's just a dawg........

and in June the hounds all need to be washed cuz they stink!!! Can't wait!
                        Yeeee Hawwww Mary! Sounds kinda like some of the calls I get. I think you have me beat, though! LOL!

Comment

Working...
                        X