Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving...Help Me Decide Where To Go!

Hey everybody,
    I am in a rare opportunity where I can move my mobile grooming business anywhere I want. I prefer a warmer climate. Of course, I'm looking for the best area where the mobile will thrive. Please give me all your suggestions. I'm looking for a new start. Please help!
    Thanks,
    Kelly

My mobile business has been real good out here in San Diego (fully booked for weeks out). You can't beat the weather. The only down side is it is expensive to live out here.

Comment

I have no ideas but if I could go somewhere here are my pics. AZ, FL, AR, TN, NC or parts of TX. I would love to live in any of these states. But my top pic AZ no storms, no earthquakes and hurricanes. It seems perfect to me.

Comment

Pick where you like

Pick the climate and place you like, then find the money areas. Any place where you will have lots of good clients is likely to be more expensive to live, but you can make lots of money so you can live there and enjoy and save and do well.

Comment

I'm in North NJ

where the money is one of the top areas in the country for mobile grooming(CA is also) but the weather stinks for about 2 months out of the year

A while back I thought about moving my company to Florida

but I was scared off by all the foreclosures and the low cost of living,and crime in some areas , I could be wrong
          I'm not a mobile groomer from Florida so I'm not sure about that state,you what I read on the inter net

North Carolina might be another option ,alot of people from the New York/New Jersey area
          moving down there to avoid high taxes.

When you do decide where to go , visit: www.zipskinny.com, it's a great site for giving out the information for every city/state in America.

Good luck on your new adventure

Comment

well, it is not warm up here. Housing is cheap and there is only one mobile in the county. He is booked and does not accept new clients. This area is entirely under-served. You could add at-least one more mobile and five more shops in this county without cutting into anyones bottom line. Many of the groomers up here (not all but many) have serious issues or sloppy work or both. Worth a look

Comment

Originally posted by desertdogs64 View Post
              visit: www.zipskinny.com, it's a great site for giving out the information for every city/state in America.
              No wonder my prices have to be low.

My city: Median Household Income: $22,760
              Compared to Austin: Median Household Income: $75,204

Comment

It a great site

for people moving to an area ,to get a sense of how much people make,which is very important for mobile pet groomers,plus the crime in areas too.

If you want to check out this site also www.zillow.com , If you put in your home address or anyone else address it will give you the estimate price for your home and other facts(,taxes ,history of the houses previous sale price and date it sold)..I do real estate part time,"when I have time" ,it's just fun to see what homes are worth.

Originally posted by Jedd View Post
                No wonder my prices have to be low.

My city: Median Household Income: $22,760
                Compared to Austin: Median Household Income: $75,204

Comment

Desertdogs64...cool link! Thanks for posting that. (I need to raise my prices next Monday. I'm poverty level. )
                  Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

No wonder my business sucks here at home! I'm in a poverty area...I knew it wasn't the best neighborhood but considering what I pay for rent and my landlord pays for his mortgage!
                    ~*~*~Shawn, C.M.G.~*~*~
                    Apparently common sense isn't all that common
                    *~*~emipoo on egroomer*~*~*

Comment

I am a pet groomer, not a demographic major...so for those of you who are both (lol), what exactly do you do with the demographics once you have them?

For instance, I found all the towns that surround me in a 20 miles radius. How might this determine say mobile pricing and how well a person can do in a mobile. I hope my question makes sense, I know what I am thinking but sometimes I cannot type it correctly.
                      Here are some examples:

My zip code according to the zip link
                      Population 2806
                      Median HH Income 47436.00

6 miles away
                      pop-2614
                      Med HH Inc.-41250.00

10 miles
                      pop-6975
                      MHHInc.-50793.00

20 miles away

All of these figures I am assuming are for those living within a zip code, so that would include in town and surrounding farms and properties. So what does all of this mean to me? I want to go mobile in approx a year (savin moneys, lol).

Comment

I just found out that one shop I have been referring to has just closed. So now there is even more demand here

Comment

I'am not demographic major either

just do real estate part time, but I have been pro pet grooming for 27 years now.
                          It's always been 15.00-to 20.00 on top of what a local shop would charge,I think most groomers on here would agree with that. Also I live in North New Jersey where mobile prices are sky high and can go from 75.00 up to 160.00 or more ,my prices start at 70.00 just to have the trailer come to the house,so I really would just use the general rule of by charging the 15 to 20 extra.

Originally posted by henrythe8th View Post
                          I am a pet groomer, not a demographic major...so for those of you who are both (lol), what exactly do you do with the demographics once you have them?

For instance, I found all the towns that surround me in a 20 miles radius. How might this determine say mobile pricing and how well a person can do in a mobile. I hope my question makes sense, I know what I am thinking but sometimes I cannot type it correctly.
                          Here are some examples:

My zip code according to the zip link
                          Population 2806
                          Median HH Income 47436.00

6 miles away
                          pop-2614
                          Med HH Inc.-41250.00

10 miles
                          pop-6975
                          MHHInc.-50793.00

20 miles away

All of these figures I am assuming are for those living within a zip code, so that would include in town and surrounding farms and properties. So what does all of this mean to me? I want to go mobile in approx a year (savin moneys, lol).

Comment

Go here!

http://www.petgroomerforums.com/chat...grooming-salon
                            "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
                            People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

I left AZ two years ago

Summer storms will shut you down (wind and flooding) and your tools are too hot to pick up. Lots of work and prices are okay. Lots of Senior centers. But there are armed guards in the convienience stores??? Too much crime for me I worked Tucson and surrounding areas. Austin TX is nice. Never worked there but I have family there and enjoy visiting. Good luck, and do alot of research.

Comment

Working...
                              X