I need quick help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need quick help!!!

I got a offer to be the ONLY mobile groomer this pet supply shop recommends, he would be like a agent get the customers (I do not know how) take care of the MONEY end(I do not know what that means he would 1099 me I guess?).

In exchange for 25% of the commission ,at first I kind of liked the idea(he has two shops one outside of my ZONE).The trouble is I know I have only been in business one yr ,but I worked hard to own my own business.This would be a step back IMHO.

Has anyone else done this ?If so how did it work out? I am going to call him tonight.

Most referrals are just that. Referrals that your grooming service is a good one. I'm not mobile, but I just don't see how this plan would be a step forward. I mean, do you get a commission when you send people to his business?

Comment

yep

you are right SNC I just get the feeling this is a bad idea!

Comment

I would not do anything like that. It sounds like a rip off.

Comment

I have a pet supply shop that refers me exclusively and I refer them and provide my clients with coupons for purchases there. There's NO WAY I would give ANYONE 25% for referrals!!
          "The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is in fact the most precious and valuable possession of mankind"-Theodorus Gaza

Comment

Nope, don't do it! If he wants to refer you that's fine. You don't need to give him commission, plus I would never have anyone not involved in my business collect any money for me. Sounds kinda shady.

Comment

Run, Run, away as fast as you can. He's ripping you off.

Comment

He should be recommending you because he cares about his clientele and wants to provide them with a connection to a good service. It's networking! I recommend the pet boutique down the street because the owner is an awesome person!
                Bulldogs are adorable, with faces like toads that have been sat on.

Comment

Thanks Guys

I called and told him that I am not interested (we were to meet Friday and talk about this) he did say at one time he had a groomer work at the shop, and maybe he would do that agian. I told him that would be better because than that person would be exclusive to them.

You all helped me make my mind up.After 1 yr of working for myself and 20 yrs working for others ,this just sounded like a step backwards.And sounded fishy to me.

Comment

I am glad you dumped that bad plan. Before I even began my mobile business I recieved an email from a local pet supply store. He basically stated the same thing but would take 10% commision. I never bothered to return his email because I felt he should just refer clients to me as a suggestion of different places to get a pet groomed and I in turn could refer people to his business.

In the meantime I was getting referals from another pet supply store and I in turn refer clients to them because I think they are far more professional.

He was the only business owner that wanted a cut for referals. I drive by his business once in a while but have never been inside...don't want to be bothered. I thought he was greedy to take a cut from a business just starting and it gave me an inside as to what kind of a business he runs. So with that, I don't even think about referals to his place.

Comment

Working...
                    X