Drive time in Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drive time in Mobile

Do you compensate your employees for their drive time. How much drive time is an average. We have anywhere from 1 to 2 hours on a 6 hour of grooming day. I only pay commission for dogs groomed which bring their hourly wage down. Thanks for your help!

My friend has an employee. She pays her by the hour. When you're mobile you do have to factor in the driving time. Maybe that would work better.
    www.gomobileandsucceed.com
    http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

Comment

My employee is commission only and there can be some long drive times since we cover a large area. But I keep my prices pretty high and I try not to book her more than 4 per day. I also offer extra perks to make the job worth while. When she comes the van is prepped and ready to go. She doesn't have to worry about filling tanks or anything like that. Every once in a while, on a rare occasion, she may have to stop for diesel, but usually I have both tanks with enough fuel for her day. I handle all phone calls and booking. She has offered to wash some towels and helps me out that way, which has been really nice, but most of the time I have the towels washed and folded and waiting for her. I offer one week paid vacation after one year and one paid trade show per year.
      What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

I work for a mobile fleet and am paid on comission. My percentage goes up once I get past $1300 I week and anthing below that is %5 less comission.(this is mainly because under that amount the van does not produce much profit since we budget ahead for repairs, consumables and insurance) All tips are mine and not taxed through my pay check. It works out great for me, esepcially since my boss has us take our vans home at night and basically treat them like they are our own. I have debit card for gas and consumables that she has me use so nothing is out of pocket except for teh $10 a month plugging in the van puts on the power bill. I'm also given a alot of flexiblity with my schedule, but do not have paid vacation.

Comment

Yes Princess, but your boss is also a drill sergeant that crack a whip and basically is a royal BIOTCH :-) She NEVER pays for anything, gives you anything nor takes you anywhere---- gee, how do you put up with her?

Comment

Originally posted by Gracy Rose View Post
            Yes Princess, but your boss is also a drill sergeant that crack a whip and basically is a royal BIOTCH :-) She NEVER pays for anything, gives you anything nor takes you anywhere---- gee, how do you put up with her?
            LOL! I saw something on my local CL Rants and Raves section just this morning - about what an unreasonable ogre Princess's boss is! I heard she makes her walk to work 20 miles in the snow, uphill both ways....barefoot. Once she arrives, poor Princess is shackled to the van on a 6 foot chain. She must depend on the kindness of strangers and hope to be thrown the occasional moldy crust of bread (lucky for her, her customers think this is an acceptable form of tip). However, her boss DOES provide luke warm tapwater and takes her out on tinkle breaks twice a day...

Mobile employee here (raises hand). I'm paid an hourly wage or commission, whichever is higher for the day. My clock starts ticking from the moment I leave Bossman's driveway. Every minute of the day that I spend doing APM stuff I get paid for - including gassing up!

Of course, he's an unreasonable ogre, too!
            Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
            George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Comment

I have no idea? She also breathes fire and eats small children! I think I stand her mostly through fear

Comment

Puppyfluffer- you know her too? :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Gracy Rose View Post
                  Puppyfluffer- you know her too? :-)
                  Only by reputation! I heard she's some sort of "groupie"?

/giggle, snicker
                  Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
                  George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Comment

I prefer Girl Wonder or endentured servant

Comment

Do you follow the 6 dogs a day 4 days per week model? Or do you groom more dogs per day. Right now I pay commission on each hour of grooming. I don't compensate for drive time which could be anywhere from 1 to 2 hours per day. So if my gals groom for 6 hours they end up working for 7 to 8 hours. They spend maybe 10 t0 15 minutes putting gas and water into the van as well as cleaning each day. I am just trying to figure out if what I pay is fair. Please understand we are booked out 4 to 5 weeks so they are working as much as they want. I would love the hear more comments. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X