My website is up, finally!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My website is up, finally!!!

I'm so excited...I finally got my website up! I am just finishing up my van, the lettering and graphics should be finished by the end of the day tomorrow. Wet Noses Mobile Grooming is nearly off the ground! So I was hoping you all could help be my proofreaders here...I did this website myself with Yahoo sitebuilder, and I am not a very skilled webmaster to say the least! My eyes are crossing from staring at the computer for so long, and I know there are probablly misspellings, broken links, and pictures and graphics that arent showing up right. Could y'all give it a quick visit and either post of pm me with suggestions? Criticism is welcome here, I just dont want to have stupid mistakes up for all my customers to see! Thanks!!! the link is www.wetnosesmobile.com

Very Nice! Lots of great info for owners.

Comment

In your “Service Area”……you should print which State you are in…..If I hadn’t seen Nashville in the upper corner of the map, I would not have known where you are located.

I think your prices are very, very low. Have you checked out other TN mobile prices?

I think you are giving away too many things, ie: treats, brushing teeth, etc…this will all add up at the end of each month.

Discounts on 4-6 week scheduling………you will find that those are the norm…..I would suggest no discounts on normal scheduling.

I found that the web site is too wordy………I found myself rapidly “skimming” instead of reading. I think you need to be more concise, instead of multiple paragraphs, you need just 1-2 sentences on each topic.

I would be careful with your low prices and “give aways” that you don’t undercut your competition as you enter the mobile grooming arena.

Happy Grand Olde Opera Grooming

Dolly’s Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

Anyone can tell alot of thought

went in building this cute,informational web ite, the only thing I would change is the price list looks a little zig zag ,and mention what state your in too. Good Luck ! here's my web site,I have to still fix a few photos ,like the trailer.My 17 teen year old daughter designed it,her first time,she is in college studying to be a doctor of genetics , it's:: www.oz-n-company.com

Originally posted by Shasti333 View Post
        I'm so excited...I finally got my website up! I am just finishing up my van, the lettering and graphics should be finished by the end of the day tomorrow. Wet Noses Mobile Grooming is nearly off the ground! So I was hoping you all could help be my proofreaders here...I did this website myself with Yahoo sitebuilder, and I am not a very skilled webmaster to say the least! My eyes are crossing from staring at the computer for so long, and I know there are probablly misspellings, broken links, and pictures and graphics that arent showing up right. Could y'all give it a quick visit and either post of pm me with suggestions? Criticism is welcome here, I just dont want to have stupid mistakes up for all my customers to see! Thanks!!! the link is www.wetnosesmobile.com

Comment

Thanks for the tips...I will definitely fix that price list and add the state tomorrow! I do tend to get a little wordy, and my husband said something about that too, so I'll have to go in there and axe some of the "book"...especially on the prices/services page!

You think my prices are too low? I wish I could get more, but the other salons and mobiles in my area sure don't...prices range from the "grooms out of her house" lady who only charges $30 for a full haircut on a shih-tzu (!!) including nail trim and grinding, shampoo and conditioner, et. To the big petsomething store which is $45 for a shihtzu (of course they get you with add-ons there). There is one mobile I know is $45 for a shihtzu, and another thats $55. I went in at $60 for a shih-tzu...i figured I am using shampoo and conditioner anyway so i can throw in some selection there, and the toothbrushing doesn't take much extra time either. I tossed around the idea of charging extra for the nail grinding, but I prefer the dremel to clipping anyway so I would do that on most dogs regardless. There are a lot of groomers in my area so I was worried about going in too high...for comparisons sake, what do most mobiles charge for a full groom on a shih-tzu? Do most of you guys charge extra if they want a specialized shampoo, conditioner, or toothbrushing? What about charging extra for the blueberry facial?

Comment

i think the website is good!
            But you need to charge more your prices are low for what you are offering and by the way it looks on the pictures of the dogs you groom it looks like you do a good job, if you don't charge more now it will be hard later to raise them it will take you a while to get the type of clients that are willing to pay for it but it will be worth it .

If you undercharge you will get tired of the whole grooming thing real quick! don't be afraid to charge what you want and don't base your prices on what others in your area charge if that was the case i would be charging 30 for a full groom/haircut on a small dog! some groomers in my area under charge and i think some over charge but i don't care about that or them i only worry about how much i want to make and that's how i base my prices.

I made the mistake when i started of giving discounts and not charging enough i used to work around 8 to 10hrs a day and make less money than a make now and i only work 4 to 6hrs on most days in the summer it gets crazy and i'm super busy and if i want to make extra money i work more hours i average around 65 dollars an hour, i'm in California and mobile grooming is very popular in my area when i started 6 yrs ago there was one other one in my local area now it's around 8 or more. and when people try to bargain with my prices i just tell them that i'm sorry but that is what i charge and will not change my prices!

Comment

I 'am in North New Jersey

every bodies prices are low to us,but we have the cheapest gas,which we don't have to pump either, I believe the rule of for mobile groomers is 15-20 dollars more then a grooming shop. hope that helps .

Originally posted by Shasti333 View Post
              Thanks for the tips...I will definitely fix that price list and add the state tomorrow! I do tend to get a little wordy, and my husband said something about that too, so I'll have to go in there and axe some of the "book"...especially on the prices/services page!

You think my prices are too low? I wish I could get more, but the other salons and mobiles in my area sure don't...prices range from the "grooms out of her house" lady who only charges $30 for a full haircut on a shih-tzu (!!) including nail trim and grinding, shampoo and conditioner, et. To the big petsomething store which is $45 for a shihtzu (of course they get you with add-ons there). There is one mobile I know is $45 for a shihtzu, and another thats $55. I went in at $60 for a shih-tzu...i figured I am using shampoo and conditioner anyway so i can throw in some selection there, and the toothbrushing doesn't take much extra time either. I tossed around the idea of charging extra for the nail grinding, but I prefer the dremel to clipping anyway so I would do that on most dogs regardless. There are a lot of groomers in my area so I was worried about going in too high...for comparisons sake, what do most mobiles charge for a full groom on a shih-tzu? Do most of you guys charge extra if they want a specialized shampoo, conditioner, or toothbrushing? What about charging extra for the blueberry facial?

Comment

Response to grooming pricing

Its always funny to hear all these mobile groomers that tell everyone else what they should be charging in certain areas, funny thing is that all the people that are saying these things ,just happen to be from california and new york ,etc..... Cost of living is way different in certain areas , had a friend here in the state i live in , go out of business because of this reason , because someone told her to charge a certain amount ,

Comment

Listen to them when they tell you that you will be kicking yourself for undercutting yourself in the beginning. I know I am! I didn't want to scare people away with my high prices so now i'm stuck at wanting to raise them and feeling bad about telling the customer. Not to mention your customers will refer you to friends, and then their friends will call and want the same low price!

Comment

The site looks great, personally , I would not list my prices, other than to say prices depend on the breed, condition and temperment of the dog. You might want to give a range & a starting at price for small, med & large breeds if you felel you need to put something about prices on your web site, or what a bath vs a full groom includes. Looks great & good luck,,,
                    PS, did you ask Wetnose if you could use her screen name,, J/k,,,,lol

Comment

Originally posted by RudyRoo View Post
                      PS, did you ask Wetnose if you could use her screen name,, J/k,,,,lol
                      I was waiting for that!!! *chuckle*
                      Shasti has my blessing. What can I say - the gal has excellent taste! lol
                      www.gomobileandsucceed.com
                      http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

Comment

I'm in WA & my towns I go to are low priced shops. One mobile in my town last I heard charges $35 for a shih. That is what shops charge goodness. I did hear it from a client so don't know forsure if its true. I am charging about what you are. My big dogs start about 10 more then your starting price on them. I'd prefer not to do the bigger dogs just to save my back so I try to charge more. I still get sticker shock on my prices but getting alot less of that this yr. Try the prices on the website but if you notice your phone isn't ringing much then take it off. I had my prices on the website but my phone was dead. People were thinking a bath was no trimming so most were thinking if their dog needed a little trim like sanatary etc they'd need a haircut price. I just like talking to people about what they want that way I can figure out what they need, bath or full groom or fluffy groom. Around here teethbrushing isn't taking off but I do charge extra for it just like I charge extra for d-matting. My local pet something charges for it so I might as well. You should charge alittle atleast for the toothbrush itself that way you can order more.

Shannon
                        The Soapy Puppy
                        Last edited by Starshan; 05-02-10, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Website

I just took a look at your website.

What comes through - to me - is your enthusiasm and drive and passion - in starting this endeavor.

But - if I were lookimg for a Mobile Groomer in your area - I would get very tired of your site right away.

WAY too much narrative. It reads like a book.

Just cut it down some. Best of luck to you......it's a big step

Comment

As someone with a background in graphic design and web building, you need to change fonts. It is a little hard to read. It is pretty and can be used for headers and links but you need to stick with a relatively generic font for the rest or the strain to read will tire a potential consumer.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Top-Ten-Fo...esign&id=57963

Will give you some ideas on which fonts to choose.

Comment

I like the design and really love all the cute doggies picutres you found for your pages. Where did you find those awesome pics?

I would also suggest to make a few less pages maybe start with the blueberry facial, toothbrushing and nail grinding and make that all one page or add it to the general services page. I don't know if you need the whole page on products and links to all the shampoos either simply stating your use all natural products and the companies names should be enough for people to google them if they need to but I dont' think most customers would take the time to read all of that info.

Comment

Working...
                              X