What is the best van and best trailer out there today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best van and best trailer out there today

I am looking to buy preferably a van, but am not ruling out trailers yet. What do you have and would you recommend it, was there something else you wished you had? Please help me make the best decision I can and let me know how you decided and if you are happy/unhappy with your choice. I live in Orlando, FL.

Paws,

I also am in the Orlando area, you are mroe than welcome to come tour mine:-)

I have a Sprinter from Hanvey and LOVE it. I love the set up, the functionality and the sleek look. Mine uses Inverter.

Comment

I have a Gryphon trailer and I love it.
      If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

I would think that how much you are willing to spend would factor into what type of grooming salon you select.

I have the extended body Sprinter van by Hanvey and I love it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gracy Rose View Post
          Paws,

I also am in the Orlando area, you are mroe than welcome to come tour mine:-)

I have a Sprinter from Hanvey and LOVE it. I love the set up, the functionality and the sleek look. Mine uses Inverter.
          Gracie, What kind of gas mileage do you get in that sprinter? I'm in FL too so our mpg would probably be similar. I am debating trailer/van also. But I really like that Sprinter. As long as it would last forever and be maintenance free, that is, cause their big bucks! lol

Comment

trying to keep price down and make good choice

are there any vans that have almost everything you need without adding thousands to the price with upgrades? I think we would like to spend less than $60k and get something great for the price. The same thing with trailers-they start at like $15-19K, but with a good dryer and a bathing system and a bigger tub and an electric or hydraulic table, we are then up to $25-$30 for a trailer, so then we start looking for vans and seems it is the same thing. Also are the prices set in stone or can you negotiate like at a car dealers? Will they knock a couple thousand off or add what you want with out all the extra costs. It seems like they charge a ton up front for their conversion and then $350 here, $1500 there for upgrades on decent equipment. Also thinking about going to Charlotte in June to take a look at Hanvey, Wag n Tails. It is an 8 hour drive from here will I see all the models to make it worth it or should I keep researching from here?

Comment

paws0120 said:
              Also thinking about going to Charlotte in June to take a look at Hanvey, Wag n Tails. It is an 8 hour drive from here will I see all the models to make it worth it or should I keep researching from here?[/QUOTE]

I think it would be a good idea to see them in person, so you can compare first hand...I have a 2005 WNT and I love it....Before I went with WNT, I worked with a mobile groomer that had a 2003 WNT and thought it was great to work in..Now that the generator is on the side, it makes it easy to maintain..

Comment

i also have wnt van you can get the basic model for under 60k and just ask for the upgrades that you really want ex.electric table 2 fans instead of one,i did not put the tv,radio,micro or fridge i really dont have time to eat in the van anyways and for radio i carry my ipod so i 've done okay without those things i can't imagine heating up food in the van with all the hair flying around all the time.anyways i love my van i think the way it's set up inside is perfect i have my son help me in the pm and saturdays and we both fit in there with no problems.

Comment

have you checked out the odyssey vans? I believe they have one that has a diesel motor and inverters too...

Comment

not to start a whole new debate on this, but when making a decision on either a generator or invertor system, think ahead to the types of dogs you plan on doing. if you are doing mostly small dogs; poodles ,bichons, yorkies etc, either system will work fine. if you like to do mostly large hairy dogs and want to run your a/c, you should look for a generator system. i believe odyssey and hanvey will put a diesel generator in the diesel sprinter. you can get the best of both worlds. though a diesel generator is far more costly on setup than a gas generator. if i needed to put another gen in my truck, i would spend the money and go with a honda over onan. i hope to be retired before that happens.
                    Certified Master Pet Tech Pet CPR, First Aid and Care Instructor
                    "Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation." Henry Ward Beecher US Congregational Minister 1813-1887

Comment

Hey Paws where are you located at?? The intergroom is coming up in a couple of weeks in New Jersey alot of the mobile companys will be there, check em out there email Hanvey to make sure they will be exhibiting if that is what you are interested in...

Comment

Originally posted by goldiphlox View Post
                        Gracie, What kind of gas mileage do you get in that sprinter? I'm in FL too so our mpg would probably be similar. I am debating trailer/van also. But I really like that Sprinter. As long as it would last forever and be maintenance free, that is, cause their big bucks! lol
                        Goldi: I average about 26mpg. Your maintenance is every 10,000 miles and is about $199. Mine is the extended version.

Comment

Trailer choice

I have a GT Trailer from Denver. You won't be disappointed. I LOVE mine and very proud of it. My first trailer was from another company (it was from a company the people had failed with..and the former owners stripped off the signage - still a cute trailer...) and when I showed up in my new trailer last summer my clients just squealed with delight! It is very professional constructed and efficient.

Comment

Working...
                          X