palm pilot thingy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• palm pilot thingy

OK, is there any such device as a hand held electronic doohickey where you can use a touch screen to schedule appointments and have it connected to another device of the same kind where the appointment will show up there as well? Having one book for appointments is a pain because I send it with my groomer when she goes out on appointments and then people call and I can't book anything. I tried having two books and that was a HUGE disaster because not everything was getting copied into both books and things were getting missed. So I was hoping there was something in this technological age where she could have one and I could have one and when I booked appointments they automatically showed up on her hooseywhatzit.
    Yeah, my cell phone, is actually JUST a phone. That's how "up" I am on the latest technology. LOL
    What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

I've talked about this a few times. But I use a Palm Treo. I book my appts on my phone as I speak with my client. Very easy, touch screen (though I prefer the button qwerty) and all I have to do is go home and sync it to my computer with the Palm software that works with the phone. All my business documents are available on my phone including generator maintenance schedule, expenses, prices, whatever I want. So it is two places as backup, I don't sync everyday, but often enough. The only thing about Palm is I heard they may not be around longterm due to the competition even though they have a good product.

I have seen the iphone and it has a really nice user friendliness, but I don't know if it has the ability to sync docs to the computer. However, I might check it out for my next phone.
    A Light exists in Spring, Not present on the Year, At any other period -- When March is scarcely here...~~ Emily Dickensen~~

Comment

I signed up for this program called Genbook. Its an online booking system. I'm sure there are other online booking systems out there that you could access online over a phone. I heard there is a cheaper ones out there. Check the Software Talk on here I know they have talked about it.

Anyway Genbook works great for me, I found it to be the easiest to figure out. They have a free part that allows clients to book 4wks out, you can punch in appts farther out but clients cant if you want to go that route. I had clients wanting to book farther out then that so I chose to pay for the basic plan with no employees it cost me $14.95 a month so clients can book 365 days if they wanted. Not sure what it costs now, they were having a special at New Yrs. If you don't want clients booking online then go with the free plan, you can set it up for employees too with the free part.

I have 2 computers, big one & a laptop. They are set up in different rooms & the laptop is set up for just the business stuff. So the other day I had Genbook open on both computers, a client booked over email so I typed her in on the laptop & instantly I look over at the big computer & it was there. So its pretty quick to show. I've only run into one little glitch & they say they are working on it. Some how only on certain days it likes to hide the appts, I have to click on the see the day rather then see the week & I can see the appts there. So far its just a glitch on 2 saturdays, other wise I have had good luck with it. It has really tightened up my time spaces rather then guessing on how long it will take me & then I end up with big gaps. Check it out. www.genbook.com

Shannon
      The Soapy Puppy
      Last edited by Starshan; 04-24-10, 06:02 PM.

Comment

why don't you just make her a daily sheet of the appointments for the day and you keep the book to make appointments.
        you can also prebook some appointments for the clients and just have your groomer give them to the clients and if they need to make changes they should call you to make them! other than to make appointments on the book why should the groomer have the book on the road if you are the one that answer the business line then you should have it with you! do you have a copy machine? if so then just make her a copy on a daily basis and hand it to her every day or put in the van the night before.

just some ideas to make things easy on you! i keep everything in a regualr book the old fashion way it's simple and fast for me.

Comment

Originally posted by NUNGUIS View Post
          why don't you just make her a daily sheet of the appointments for the day and you keep the book to make appointments.
          you can also prebook some appointments for the clients and just have your groomer give them to the clients and if they need to make changes they should call you to make them! other than to make appointments on the book why should the groomer have the book on the road if you are the one that answer the business line then you should have it with you! do you have a copy machine? if so then just make her a copy on a daily basis and hand it to her every day or put in the van the night before.

just some ideas to make things easy on you! i keep everything in a regualr book the old fashion way it's simple and fast for me.
          The thing is, she's still building her clientele so many of her clients in a day are new and I would have no idea what kind of schedule they would want or need to be on. And she's really great at getting people to pre-book their next appointments. I think if she were more established we would know what people would need and it would be easier to do it that way.
          What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

iPhone or Ipod Touch

I have an Iphone as does my husband. With a mobile me subscription ($99/year) our phones are synced automatically every 15 minutes. It can be adjusted to a different frequency if desired and syncs to both of our computers as well, a mac and a pc. It also has a contact list with addresses on it so that my husband knows exactly where I am if needed. With it's GPS capabilities my iPhone has certainly earned it's keep on the road

Comment

I use Google apps. and a Palm Pre, I love it. I schedule 3 groomers, we don't have many add ons during the day and if we do I simply call them and tell them.

Comment

Gadget to use

The IPOD ITOUCH is great . I have Microsoft Word for my schedule and it sinks up by plugging the ITOUCH into the computer. So all I do is put my new app. in while Iam at clients house and when I come home I plug it in. No bill to pay for.

Comment

Working...
                X