Help with Housecall: Portable Storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Housecall: Portable Storage

I am wanting to know what you are using to lug your supplies into the client's home. Right now I am using a 4-drawer cart from Walmart, but it goes from my kitchen to the garage. Love the size and how I have my stuff organized now, but will probably need to do something different when making housecalls.

In the hardware store like Lowe's or Home Depot, you will be able to find different sizes of storage boxes on wheels. Some of them will have a small tray on the top and two big compartment on the bottom. Stanley is a good brand. I have one in my van for storage because I have a very small cabinet in the van. I also have one that I use for my daughters when we travel for dance competitions. I think you will be able to put everything in the big storage.

Comment

I have the stanley portable workstation from walmart it has a deep compartment on the bottom where I put my shampoo, ear cleaners, brushes and combs in a container shampoo and towel in the top I put my blades and clippers. I like it but I have to get used to not bringing too much but on a first visit it's hard cause you don't know what to expect or what supplies youll need for sure.

Comment

I use a fishing tackle box for my blades and scissors & I have a nice leather looking duffle bag which has two end pouches. One end holds my shampoo, the other holds perfume, ear cleaner, etc. In the middle I put my clippers, brushes, dryer & towels. People keep asking how do ya'll carry in all your stuff,,,, I have learned you don't need to drag in every thing you own,,,,think light and fast . How much stuff do you REALLY need to groom a 20 lb shih???,,, If I was grooming a 100 lb golden instead, the only thing I would add to my supplies would be my undercoat rake, and maybe a few more towels,,,,,,,giggles

Comment

You know the fishing department might have something that would work. I work at a boarding kennel very part time 3-4 times a month. I do have a few double tools so I keep a few at the kennel. Anyway I found at Walmart a cool craft bag, looks almost like the Chris Christiansen (sp) tool bag. In the middle it fits a big plastic craft box up right or like RudyRoo mentioned a fishing tackle box. It has dividers right size for blades, I left a few spaces open for scissors etc. I looked in the craft section for a sheet of foam, I cut that to fit for the bottom of the box so they didn't bang around too much. So far blades have been fine in the 2 yrs I have used it this way. The bag has all kinds of pockets. I've seen these at dog shows now. It might fit all you need. They were around $20, dog shows charge $30+. I actually found mine on sale way back when for $10.

Shannon
          The Soapy Puppy

Comment

Working...
          X