AC not working...something stupid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC not working...something stupid?

Before I think of taking it to the mechanic I want to ensure I tried everything to get it going.
    The van is over 6 years and in truth I don't use the ac that much but for those hot summer days. We don't get too hot here in the summer so its not even run everyday in the summer. In truth, I probably use it an hour or two a day for two or three hot days for two mos. It probably doesn't even equate to one full month of use a year. That said, trying it out the other day it did not go on.

I checked the circuit breaker in the back. I did turn the ac on.

What else can I try before I spend a few hundred on a mechanic? I have some time left before any threat of a hot day arrives but I don't want to take chances and not have it ready when that day arrives.

Thanks.

clean the filter

In my trailer, the AC did not work,a few hot days here last week in North NJ,tried to hit the reset button several times, on the weekend my husband was home and he cleaned out the wall unit AC and it was back to new.

Originally posted by ralla View Post
    Before I think of taking it to the mechanic I want to ensure I tried everything to get it going.
    The van is over 6 years and in truth I don't use the ac that much but for those hot summer days. We don't get too hot here in the summer so its not even run everyday in the summer. In truth, I probably use it an hour or two a day for two or three hot days for two mos. It probably doesn't even equate to one full month of use a year. That said, trying it out the other day it did not go on.

I checked the circuit breaker in the back. I did turn the ac on.

What else can I try before I spend a few hundred on a mechanic? I have some time left before any threat of a hot day arrives but I don't want to take chances and not have it ready when that day arrives.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
    X