• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Starshan
    Standard Member & Club 1,000
    • May 2007

A new one for me, daughter gets a tip

So I groom 4 poms today. 3 haircut grooms & one nails/feet only. This is a once a yr client, they do their own grooming between. They tend to be a little matted but nothing like the other once a yr dogs I use to get. So they could be worse. Anyway Bear (female) & Hiccup (female) are #4f all over. Microchip (tiny female) gets beefy shoulders lol, I did #0 back of neck & shoulders. The rest is #4f. All get rounded heads & just a tiny trim of tails. Only a little d-matting with Hiccup & Microchip. The #4f got through most of it. I had my 5yr daughter with me, I always put her to work having her get my books out, cotton with ear cleaner on it, bandanas with smelly stuff on them & quick sweep ups between dogs (less vacumming, save a little battery power).

So he paid me & tipped $25 which for me is a little more then I normally get from others. Then he went on to ask if he could give my 5yr daughter a tip for helping her mom (me), totally shocked me but I said yes its ok. He tipped her $10. That was a new one for me We'll start a savings account for her with it.

Shannon
    The Soapy Puppy
  • Dog Daze
    Champion Member & Club 1,000
    • Feb 2008

Oh that was sweet of him .

What exactly do you mean by beefy shoulders? kind of like a town and country on a pom?

Comment

• Starshan
      • May 2007

He wanted the dog to have the beefy look. Last yr, first time doing the dogs he wanted a Buffalo trim on her. She looked like a buffalo kinda when I was done lol. I had never been that creative before What I did for the beefy shoulders was a line from ear down the neck to point of shoulder then straight over to behind elbows, this was all done with #0 SS wahl comb. Everything else like legs chest & rear was #4f. So basicly the top part of a short lion. Fun. Guy loved it, we'll see if wife likes it. He liked the Buffalo last yr but he tells me she didn't like it.

Shannon
      The Soapy Puppy

Comment

• sittingpretty
        • Jun 2007

I bet that pom was really cute with a creative trim. I liked the names they had!

A friend of mine did a chocolate toy poodle recently that the owner had requested a mohawk. He came out really cute, but he also looked like a buffalo. (I had remembered that cover on Groomer-to-Groomer). The owner really liked it the mohawk look on this little tiny poodle.

sittingpretty

Comment

• Dog Daze
          • Feb 2008

How cool but if someone came in and said make my dog look like a buffalo I dont' think I'd know what to do.

Maybe the guy does it to annoy his wife LOL

Comment

• terrimeyers
            Miniature Member
            • Jan 2007

My 14 year old daughter gets tips all the time, she loves it!

Comment

• Starshan
              • May 2007

Here are pictures. Last one is the Buffalo trim last yr. Personally I like that one better but the middle picture is the Beefy shoulders. Had an easier time with the Beefy shoulders because I was ready for creative & more comfortable with it. Its hard to tell though in the picture & she was cuter then in the picture. It just looks like fat shoulders but that is what he was wanting. The Buffalo trim took me by suprise & wasn't prepared for it & no pictures to go by since I am mobile. Had to call hubby & he reminded me of what they look like.

I also had to add in a picture of my daughter as she's the reason for the thread She was already hugging Zipper last night & I just had to get a picture, special moment. He is her best bud.

Shannon
              The Soapy Puppy
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Starshan; 04-17-10, 06:17 PM.

Comment

• Starshan
                • May 2007

Originally posted by terrimeyers View Post
                My 14 year old daughter gets tips all the time, she loves it!
                I can see a 14 year old getting a few tips but my daughter is 5 years old, only 5yrs. I'm mobile so the client has no clue how much she works or doesn't work lol. Oh well, I will open her a savings acount on Monday. She is excited to save which is a good sign.

Shannon
                The Soapy Puppy

Comment

• thedoggiedayspa
                  Puppy Member
                  • Dec 2009

I love the 2nd picture. Would you say that is a PUPPY Cut for a Pom? Did you use a #4 all over including face?

Comment

• Starshan
                    • May 2007

Originally posted by thedoggiedayspa View Post
                    I love the 2nd picture. Would you say that is a PUPPY Cut for a Pom? Did you use a #4 all over including face?
                    No its a modified Lion. Hard to see but the shoulders are a #0 ss Wahl. Looks like just fat shoulders but it isn't fat, just hair. Everything else like legs chest & rear was #4f. So basicly the top part of a short lion. I did 4f the cheeks a little but most of the head is scissor. Fun.

Both the cute named ones are black & their hair is changing, not growing in good. Not good.

Shannon
                    The Soapy Puppy

Comment

• kari yanes
                      • Apr 2010

Thats nice of the man I also get extra tipped when my daughter works with me too.She loves it.

Comment

• Starshan
                        • May 2007

Originally posted by kari yanes View Post
                        Thats nice of the man I also get extra tipped when my daughter works with me too.She loves it.
                        Yeah, he handed me a huge stack of $20's. Then asked if it was ok to give my daughter a little, when I said yeah in a shocked voice he pulled out two $5's. So it was totally separate.

Shannon
                        The Soapy Puppy

Comment

Working...
                        X