Gray water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gray water

Hello everyone, I am staring up a mobile business in a couple weeks and I was wondering what everyone does with their gray water at the end of the day?? I live in a country type area and we don't have city sewers just septic tanks. Thanks Carrie

Good question - I'm starting up next week!

Originally posted by CarrieT View Post
    Hello everyone, I am staring up a mobile business in a couple weeks and I was wondering what everyone does with their gray water at the end of the day?? I live in a country type area and we don't have city sewers just septic tanks. Thanks Carrie
    I've been looking into the same issue. The Dept of Env Protection told me it was considered hazardous waste! At least in Pennsylvania, it is. However, the township told me to drain it at my home or ask the customer if it was alright to drain at their house. I know another groomer in my area just lets it go down the driveway. You'll have to read the thread about "harassed at the pump" It's an eye opener and one of the replies is hilarious!

Comment

I live in a rural area; however I just leave the drain open and it runs down the driveway; no complaints to date; if anyone had a problem I would bring it home and water my garden with it.
      May do that anyway if we have a dry summer.

Comment

I do the same as Edderland........just let it drain down the street drains with no complaints in 2 yrs.........Hey Puffy Paws, does PA also think it is "hazardous waste" for people to wash their cars in their driveways? I would think that pet shampoos are a lot less "toxic" than car wash shampoos.

Happy Draining all day

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

Before getting my county license the health dept had to call & talk to me. They had to know where I was dumping. They said gray water is considered "hazardous waste". I don't have sewer also, they said I have to dump in my septic. I haven't but do plan on hopefully this yr in putting in a dain that leads to our above ground fill. Its around the back side of the house & there is no way to get the van back there. The health dept just needed me to agree over the phone that I would do it. I drain in our gravel drive way. Personally the doggy wash water is cleaner then what you wash off your car. The health dept doesn't see it that way though. If caught around here though its a $500 fine for dumping gray water.

We moved to Pierce County (Tacoma area kinda) to get out of King County (Seattle area kinda) because the rules are really bad in King Co. You can't wash your car in your driveway unless it is gravel or your car in parked on grass so that the wash water doesn't drain into the drains which all lead to our rivers they say. Even though we live close to King Co I won't serve over there because of the needing another $100 County Lic & all those rules.

Shannon
          The Soapy Puppy

Comment

Where I stay in Canada we have to dump it at an RV dumping site. There is one close by at our water works dept but it closes at 3pm!! and closed on the week-ends so I recycle the water and water my garden with it. I just load it into a large garbage bin and pump it onto my lawn every day. Winter will be another issue. but I'll deal with that when it rolls around.

Comment

Dump @ home

Wait till u get home & if you have any patches spotrs on your lawn drain it there, it will make the grass grow. Only problem is if you use a chemical flea treatment u may reconsider using that product cause it will cause problems in the ground,

Just a thought

Comment

new to mobile

Planning to go mobile, but havent yet.

Kind of a tangent to this thread but where does the grey water store. i know most mobile have multiple water tanks, do you keep on empty and as its used it pumps into the empty tank?

Comment

Originally posted by liveandlovedogs View Post
                  Planning to go mobile, but havent yet.

Kind of a tangent to this thread but where does the grey water store. i know most mobile have multiple water tanks, do you keep on empty and as its used it pumps into the empty tank?
                  Yes, that is how it is done.

I have a old camper van so it has a tank mounted under the back of the van. Its about a 25gal tank. My fresh water is 28gal.

Shannon
                  The Soapy Puppy

Comment

I don't dump.... I dribble......
                    A Light exists in Spring, Not present on the Year, At any other period -- When March is scarcely here...~~ Emily Dickensen~~

Comment

My grey water drains right into a plastic tank. Same kind of tank as the fresh, just hooked up to the tub and gravity is all it takes.

There are many places around where it is illegal to wash your car in your driveway just FYI. People still do it.

I open my tank at the end of the day in my driveway. IN my neighborhood it's the last thing anyone is going to care about. The other day a guy went running up (not knowing I was outside, it was night) with one of his friends following and he's yelling "DUDE, it's gushing gas!" The friend laughed hysterically at him and said "when have you seen soap suds in gas?"
                      What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

Working...
                      X