the stealth groomer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the stealth groomer

Well, it's official. I ( by I, I mean my hubby) removed all of my graphics from the van. I am now the stealth groomer. I told all my clients they now have a private service. I thought it would be weird, but not at all.
    Certified Master Pet Tech Pet CPR, First Aid and Care Instructor
    "Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation." Henry Ward Beecher US Congregational Minister 1813-1887

Me too

I am also a "stealth" groomer , Looks like you have coined an exellent phrase.
    I do no advertising I groom alone in half a duplex I own and my clients have been picked by me . I have a loooow over head and can give my clients personal service. I groom 7-8 dogs 2 days a week and all are pre booked before they leave.I have several weekly and bi monthly clients.
    Stealth grooming is sooo very nice

Comment

I've always wondered what you look like in real life....
      Attached Files
      Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
      George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Comment

Originally posted by workingchihuahua View Post
        Well, it's official. I ( by I, I mean my hubby) removed all of my graphics from the van. I am now the stealth groomer. I told all my clients they now have a private service. I thought it would be weird, but not at all.
        ??Why?
        "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
        People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

Originally posted by Smart-n-Pretty View Post
          ??Why?
          I was wondering the same thing.
          "The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog." -Ambrose Bierce

Comment

no one gets into my schedule without a referral if at all. all i was doing was advertising for the other mobiles in the area, which i didn't have a problem with. i am having some needed body work done and in order to paint the vehicle i need the lettering gone. to put it back on will cost a small fortune. why would i do that if i'm not taking on new clients.
            "Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation." Henry Ward Beecher US Congregational Minister 1813-1887

Comment

Hey Stealth Groomer...why not find 2 other Mobiles that still need the business...put their graphics , one of each side of your Stealth Mobile, and charge them an advertising fee? Why work smarter OR harder when you don't have to work at all? Just drive around town a bunch, and collect their advertising checks every month?
              Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

Please tell me what products you/he used to remove them?

I really want to remove all mine too.

Comment

4Sibes----great idea!

Comment

Many mobiles do this

I have heard of this for many years because the mobiles get full. It saves answering the phone of many new callers that you can't take anyway. With a full client base, a mobiler can get enough referrals to replace anyone who is no longer on their schedule.

Comment

I know a great heating and AC guy that doesn't use graphics...he has been stealth for years. It makes sense if you don't want any more clients but I can't go there..I'd lose sleep and feel like I'm inviting trouble. I still advertize in the phone book and have a web page. The other day I found a reason to why it has paid off. My husband and I are buying a home out of the area. I have all the financials and everything you need when you are your own employer. One of the interesting questions asked was "Do you have a web page?" and "Do you advertize in the phone book?"...and yes, they checked.

Comment

Congrats! You have to be good to be stealth! I hear Jay Scrugg's mobile is the same way. If you aren't taking new clients, why the hassle of extra phone calls?
                        Bulldogs are adorable, with faces like toads that have been sat on.

Comment

Originally posted by Jenneversage64 View Post
                          I really want to remove all mine too.
                          heat gun

Comment

I love the feeling

I removed my graphics 1 1/2 yrs ago, all my clients know, I'm referral only, and am so swamped, they ask if they can give my name out, before they do.
                            It's GREAT--- I don't do matted once a year dogs, dogs with any bugs, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I do receive the occassional phone call from someone looking to have their dog done today, and when I explain they may have to wait, they don't.

Comment

I stole your phrase today. It's my day off but I went into work to groom my own dogs. When I walked in I told them I was a "stealth groomer" (i.e. don't page me to take phone calls or talk to clients). I didn't give you credit for the term, but I was thinking about you when I said it.
                              "The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog." -Ambrose Bierce

Comment

Working...
                              X