mobile verses shop price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mobile verses shop price

I am in the process of raising prices. Some clients about 28 percent. The question is Should Mobile grooming prices be higher than the big PetBox store down the street?

Of course they should! I won't give exact prices here, but my thought process was to add what a shop would charge for "express service" because they automatically get that with you. You could also just add a "housecall fee" on top of the base shop prices. If you do a search, you can find more on how to calculate your minimum fee on here. You take what you want to make a year, add in a year's worth of expenses, and divide by the number of dogs you can do in a year, and you will come up with what your minimum fee should be. I charge the minimum on all pets now, no matter how small. I have said before, I will give discounts only on multiple pets that are small and very short-haired and easy to do (ie. chihuahuas). I charge up from my minimum for larger pets, longer hair, matted fur...all the variables. I rarely get this request, but I will also discount nail trim only visits if it is for 2 or more pets. Example: 1 pet = $20, 2+ pets = $10 per pet. Regardless of what any local shop charges, you must figure out what YOU need to charge to make profit and STAY in business

Comment

On average, mobile usually runs about $20 more than a storefront salon. For that additional $20, the clients is saving 2 trips and their time to get their pet to and from the groomer, the pet is recieving one on one pampered express service, the pet is not crated/caged at all, no noise from other dogs barking to increase stress and the convienence of having a professional provide their services at their door.

I don't know of ANY other professional service that makes house calls and charges only $20 for the call. Appliance repair, plumbers, A/C repair etc, all are usually $35-50 JUST for the housecall.

Comment

In a word? Yes.

Comment

Patty...I second that "yes"!

Comment

Originally posted by sim groomer View Post
            I am in the process of raising prices. Some clients about 28 percent. The question is Should Mobile grooming prices be higher than the big PetBox store down the street?
            Just a thought...this will depend a bit on what the 'pet box' charges in comparison to the average private shop. Also, find out what they get for their fee.

Comment

For the most part, the price the Big Box stores quote by phone is much lower than the actual grooming price. They lure the customer in with a low quote then when they arrive, it's add-on, add-on.... In the long run, the Big Box stores' prices (usually for lesser-quality work by inexperienced groomers) are much HIGHER than the local average.

The mobile I work for averages about $15-20 more than the salon price for most grooming services (ie, a Shih Tzu in good condition in most salons/vet clinics in our area is $35; for our mobile service, it's $55 with a 10-20% discount offered if the dog is pre-booked every 2-4 weeks).....

Comment

It depends where you are in my area the Big Box Shop cahrges about $20 more than my salon does. In Mobile, I base my prices on how long it takes me to groom (I charge $ per minute). I would suggest, decide how you want to charge and don't worry about anything else.

Comment

Working...
                X