Okay now I know for sure I'll like mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay now I know for sure I'll like mobile

I did a ride along with a wonderful woman from my area yesterday and it helped confirm I would definitely like mobile grooming unfortunately her rig is out of my price range but she was very helpful and fun to spend the day with.

I did decided a would like something bigger than a pet-pro if possible.

I was wondering how that went LOL Glad you had a good day! Still wishing you luck on find a rig.
    "No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin

Comment

Do Homework

Hope that your decison to go mobile will be a good choice.
      Do 1 very important thing DO YOUR HOMEWORK ON CHOICE OF VAN.
      Make sure that you can havew it worked on nearby.
      Do you won't invertor or ginny or both.
      My choice is invertor.

Lots of luck with your choice

Comment

Get an Elite....size matters !

Comment

LOL Baddog
          that's why my hubby says he drives his POS non flashy (unless your the police) car.
          I swear he gets pulled over for everything. he got pulled over last week for his muffler being too loud.
          What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy LaFoy View Post
            Hope that your decison to go mobile will be a good choice.
            Do 1 very important thing DO YOUR HOMEWORK ON CHOICE OF VAN.
            Make sure that you can havew it worked on nearby.
            Do you won't invertor or ginny or both.
            My choice is invertor.

Lots of luck with your choice
            Thanks Randy I"ve been doing my homework for over a year. I'd love and inverter but am going to have to start with a gene cause I'm in an apartment and they aren't willing to rent me anywhere to plug it in. I've already called all the possible service people in my area to make sure someone could work on it. I have an Onan dealer right down the road.

Comment

[QUOTE=Dog Daze;405355] I'd love and inverter but am going to have to start with a gene cause I'm in an apartment and they aren't willing to rent me anywhere to plug it in. QUOTE]

Do you have somewhere to plug in the van to keep it warm in the winter, I see you are in the northeast?
              What does a dog do on it's day off?

Comment

Originally posted by baddog View Post
                Get an Elite....size matters !
                LOL.....

Get a Pet Pro .....size matters! (so does gas mileage, manueverability, storage, etc...)
                A Light exists in Spring, Not present on the Year, At any other period -- When March is scarcely here...~~ Emily Dickensen~~

Comment

Yes, if you are anywhere it's going to get cold, you WILL need a place to plug in so you can run heaters during the winter. You may need to look into a storage facility where you could park your rig and plug it in when necessary.
                  And my advice, which is a very personal choice, is to go with a diesel. They usually have much better m/p/g and tend to last a lot longer. A well maintained diesel engine can easily make it to 500K miles. Of course, they can also be more costly to repair and it can be harder to find someone to work on them. But for me, the money I save running the diesel daily is worth it. Just my two cents.
                  What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

I've been really happy with my Pet Pro and its genny. I am on my second because I like to drive fairly new rides and trade in every four years. They hold their value well and are super reliable. I could swing an Elite and my biz could afford it, but I like the Pet Pro -- it's easy to clean up, drive around,m maintain. An elite wouldn't fit well in my driveway anyway. Although I would kind of like a bathroom ;-)

You won't regret being a mobile groomer. It's so FREEING!! I will NEVER work for anyone, love being my own boss, setting my own schedule, grooming the dogs I WANT to groom and turning down the ones that are too difficult or who's owner are.

You especially can't beat being mobile in this weather!!

Meesh

Comment

Size Matters

I have both a ProVan and a new Elite. I ran the ProVan for 3.5 years before expanding. Now my other groomer runs it and I of course took the new Elite. Size matters on fuel of course. But then I went diesel on the Elite because of the size and gas mileage of a diesel. I love the convenience of a walk in bathroom...refrig and microwave. You can view both vans...inside and out on my photo site: www.poochparlor.phanfare.com

Poochlady

Comment

Originally posted by Poochlady View Post
                        I have both a ProVan and a new Elite. I ran the ProVan for 3.5 years before expanding. Now my other groomer runs it and I of course took the new Elite. Size matters on fuel of course. But then I went diesel on the Elite because of the size and gas mileage of a diesel. I love the convenience of a walk in bathroom...refrig and microwave. You can view both vans...inside and out on my photo site: www.poochparlor.phanfare.com

Poochlady
                        Oh yes your Elite is very nice thanks for sharing. Love the mauve colored trim and how organized you are inside.

Also love your little teacup poodles on your website.

The bigger rig I was looking at doesn't have a toilet though maybe that's something I could add eventually cause I tinkle alot.

I don't have anywhere to plug it in at the time though I am in an apartment and the storage areas around here are outside storage. That's something I'll have to work on.

Comment

I found an inside storage area close to home for 125 a month through the winter that allows for plugging in of your vechiles.

Nice.

Comment

Yep when we can afford it & ready to convert another rig we will be getting a shuttle bus just so I can have more elbow room & hubby can build me a bathroom. I'm so tired of the port-a-potty, marking sure its strapped in its place or it slides to the door & falls out the door when I open it making a smelly mess yuck. Or having to deal with clients that just open a door without warning, I have a 5 dog house that is like that. So I have to time the potty breaks either early in the first 1 or 2 grooms or wait till she comes out telling me she is going into town & handing me the 2 poms to run around my feet. I have since brought a crate for the few that need it. I do have curtains but still the thought of getting caught worries me. I only have one client that does this luckily, most knock & wait for me to open the door.

The price of the inside storage sounds great. See if they have access to water so you can fill up too then you'd be set. Another perk would be a place to drain your gray water.

Shannon
                            The Soapy Puppy

Comment

I forgot to ask about water while I had him on the phone. Right after I hung up I'm like darn.

Comment

Working...
                              X