Toodling around in the Tulips!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toodling around in the Tulips!

Ha! Nothing to tip-toe about, I took the long way out to a clients home today, right through the tulip feilds! I did a quick stop and got a few shots...can you see RED or what? Acers and acers of red! Just thought I'd share.
    Attached Files

Pretty. Hey I see a sign saying No Cars, that doesn't mean you does it lol

Shannon
    The Soapy Puppy

Comment

I've never gone through the tulip fields; I thought about asking hannah if she wanted to go this weekend but after our day today, I don't think we'll be doing much of anything.
      ~*~*~Shawn, C.M.G.~*~*~
      Apparently common sense isn't all that common
      *~*~emipoo on egroomer*~*~*

Comment

That's gorgeous! Is it a farm? Do they sell them? Just curious?
        www.gomobileandsucceed.com
        http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

Comment

wow.. thats pretty..I havent seen flower fields like that

Comment

Pretty..I would have a hard time not snipping a few. Over here on the Eastern Shore they grow acres and acres of roses....beautiful.

Comment

Wow! How pretty!
              Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
              www.ChrisSertzel.com

Comment

WOW!!

Comment

That is amazing! It's so pretty.

Comment

That must be really lovely close up. They must be for commercial sale,for the cut flowers? or bulbs? Curious now. We have some big cranberry farms near Comox where the airport is,and it looks like a beautiful mosaic of reds and greens when the plane is descending. Am I just old or does anyone else remeber Tiny Tim,and his song? I used to watch him on Johny Carson as a kid,and he even got married to Miss Vicky on the show! I can never see lots of tulips without that song getting in my head LOL
                    "Everyone needs something to beleive in..I beleive I need another Poodle"
                    Quote:Cath

Comment

Tip Toe Thru the Tulips

Am I just old or does anyone else remeber Tiny Tim,and his song? I used to watch him on Johny Carson as a kid,and he even got married to Miss Vicky on the show! I can never see lots of tulips without that song getting in my head LOL

Too Funny, that was the 1st thing that came into my mind while reading this Thread...hahahah.... Hmmmm, Wait tho...... we Aren't Old....we are just aged....like fine wine..........

Comment

Originally posted by Poodleluv View Post
                        They must be for commercial sale,for the cut flowers?
                        Actually it's several farms that grow acres of tulips in sectioned colors and the public can "tip toe" their way through (think corn maze but not as tall and confusing) looking at the colors.
                        Once the tulips die, the public has nothing to tip toe through.
                        ~*~*~Shawn, C.M.G.~*~*~
                        Apparently common sense isn't all that common
                        *~*~emipoo on egroomer*~*~*

Comment

Hee, Hee...

I almost put tip-toeing...yes, Washington Bulb and LeFaber are the two big bulb farms in Skagit County. It has something to so with the re-claimed tide flats (diked) and the air right off the Straights of Juan De Fuca that creates ideal bulb growing land and climate.

Years ago, my kids used to pick bulbs all summer! the got $6 for a 200 ft row. Man those kids looked forward to summer and bulbs! But what a mess they made in the car at pick-up every day! My daughter was alway in the $500 range for money at the end of summer. Nowadays it's all done by machines. Too sad.

They have something like a hundred varieties that they grow, and yes, there are fields of every color you can think of. Dafs(Dafodils) just came down (they start about a month before tulips) and Iris will be next month, not to mention they have a huge field of Poinies! This is Tulip Festival time here in the Skagit, all month long.
                          Now you see why my location is Tulip Fields! LOL

Comment

gorgeous!!!!!!! do tulips smell by any chance? if they do...that must have been a very fragrant beautiful drive!
                            Hound

Comment

Over here in Sumner we still have a few Daffodil fields. Its still done by hand here, look to be adult mex mostly but hard to tell for sure driving down 410 hwy. Sure is pretty, the fields are shrinking though. 4years ago when we moved in they were doing both big fields on both sides of the Hwy but now its just one field & its a smaller crop to bloom.

Shannon
                              The Soapy Puppy

Comment

Working...
                              X