Drying tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drying tip

Since I am shoreline I am limited to the dryers I can use. I have a great dryer in my Hanvey Gold, but I am always looking for ways to get the dogs dry faster. I found a great high velocity fan at Walmart for $45. You can aim it high or low and it moves a lot of air. It's made by Lasko and I set it right on the table and point it at the doggy while I'm drying. Helps with the moisture in the van too. What I love about this one is that it looks like a mini floor dryer almost. It's not a typical fan where a dog could get up close to it and get an ear or something caught in it. I used it tonight to help dry a SCWT face who didn't like the HV. While I did the rest of the body I had the fan gently blowing around the dogs face, Not hard into his face, but it helped the water evaporate.
    What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

I just looked it up online and that looks really cool! It looks like several companies make them too (including Stanley)....and the dimensions are small so it wouldn't take up much room on the table. Great idea, thanks My Lady!

Comment

Thanks for the great tip! I'm gonna see if our Walmart has it. Now at our busy season, we are always looking for ways to dry dogs faster.

Comment

Do the math.

Twenty dogs divided by eight hours equals 2.5 dogs an hour. That is one dog every twenty-four minutes.

Remember the TV commercial about "WE FIX SIX DOLLAR HAIRCUTS"?

Comment

I use these instead of cage dryers in my shop . I use the HV on the dogs then set them on a towel with one of these and then use the HV before I finish them out if I need to. great and inexpensive tool!

Comment

Could you find a picture of it or a link online? I looked up Lasko fan on the walmart site & it came up with 6 different ones but nothing priced close enough to what you say so I don't think they are the right ones & they are all not sold in stores.

Shannon
            The Soapy Puppy

Comment

Originally posted by Doubledogdare View Post
              Do the math.

Twenty dogs divided by eight hours equals 2.5 dogs an hour. That is one dog every twenty-four minutes.

Remember the TV commercial about "WE FIX SIX DOLLAR HAIRCUTS"?
              LOL, I think you meant to post this in the thread about doing 20 dogs a day

Comment

I use one

It's an Air King...quiet and blows great, however, I never thought about blowing on one end while I was HVing the other! Thanks!

Comment

I have the same dryer but I got it from home depot! I love it, I use it as a table dryer, cage dryer, then when im done I point it at the floor to take out extra moisture at the end of the day! It doesn't seem to use alot of power so I can't wait to use it in my bus (which I pick up Tomorrow!)

Comment

Here is a link to one at Target

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...t_adv_XASD0001

Mine looks exactly the same (except in blue), and in fact I found that Lasko makes the Stanley fans. They sell them on Amazon as well for about $46 with free shipping since it's over $25

Comment

I use ones like these
                      http://www.target.com/Aloha-20-High-...i_detailbutton

Comment

Working...
                      X