What is your business like in your area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your business like in your area

I was wondering how everyone's business is right now. We are booked out for a few weeks. It is just crazy, good crazy though!! Happy Easter and Passover!!!!

For me 99% of my clients pre-book, so I am booked full for 5 weeks out. Gotta love it! I thank the Lord for my good fortune.
    Lisa VanVleet, RVT

Comment

My daytime groomer who had been used to doing 3-5 dogs a week is now getting that per day. Well, I try not to give her more than 4 a day since I need the van at night and don't want to stress her on time. My clients are starting to book with her because I don't have anything available until the end of April and she can get them in before I can. Fine with me! The phone won't stop ringing and I actually wouldn't mind a couple days of quiet. Not that this weekend will be quiet. I am trying to get my sons R2-D2 cake finished for his birthday party tomorrow and then of course we have Easter on Sunday and I haven't been able to shop for their basket stuff. Yea, I'm going a bit crazy, but it has nothing to do with grooming. LOL
      What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

just over 1 yr

My truck's been up and running for a little over 1 year,...
        I'm booked 3-6 weeks out now for the last 4 months,...business is good...hair is getting grayer!

Comment

I have been busy but I'm not booked out. I'm taking Sun, Mon, and Tues off this week. I'm so sick. I have been since Tuesday and its getting worse instead of better so I'm taking some time off to recover. But next week is busy already again.

Comment

I'm not booked out, but again I don't think I ever have been. I'm busy enough to keep me happy and that is all that matters!
            "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
            Diane

Comment

I am a solid 8 weeks out. Doesn't make sense to me. A couple weeks ago I could have gotten you in within a couple weeks. It was this way last summer too, but into the winter, even over Christmas, I am only a couple weeks out.

The new groomer at my work is three weeks out.

I like being 3-4 weeks out, anything more than that just stresses me out.
              "The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog." -Ambrose Bierce

Comment

Well I'm not booked out but I'm very busy and exhausted! Also getting ready to move into a new salon from my home salon. I wanted to be in by the end of next week but not sure if that is going to happen!

Comment

I'm as busy as I wanna be and barring a three week gap coming up for my second (and final) surgery, I am booked solid until the first week in June, then again from mid-June to the end of July. My time off will probably "ghost" every six weeks until I get things spread out better over the summer. I am also getting calls for new clients so I expect those slower weeks will fill in a bit between now and then anyway. No worries.

Meesh

Comment

not nearly as booked as i'd like

I like being booked 3-4 weeks out.. and right now i'm not... i don't like to brag, but I know i'm the backbone of the business i'm working from, so I'm hoping that when I leave, and It's just me, and i'm doing housecall grooming... I get back to my comfort zone of 3-4 weeks like I used to have.

I wouldn't worry so much, except that our monthly bills are high, and i'm the sole provider of a family of 5 plus my mother in law... although she does buy over half the groceries... but she costs me a fortune in extra heat, hydro, etc... so it balances out.

looking forward to going mobile.

Comment

Booked 4 weeks for me, and 4 for my part timer too... it's crazy busy so early this year!

Comment

Booked about a month in advance.I am taking a couple extras trying to save up for a new generator before it really starts getting hot.

Comment

Working...
                        X