Grooming van cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grooming van cover

Happy April everyone! I have to buy a cover for my Sprinter 2500 to satisfy my HOA rules. Don't laugh, I know . . . but I want something easy to get on and off (as if mornings at my house aren't crazy enough!). Any suggestions??

When I get my van, I'm going to have the same problem. My thought is to get some large magnetic sheets to place over the art work etc. I don't know where to get it but I figure it will be easier to take on and off than a tarp.

Comment

Here ya go:

http://www.sprinteraccessories.com/051_van_cover.html

Comment

I would contact a RV dealership. I bet they could steer you in the right direction for a cover. They make them for big and small RV's.

Comment

Get a heated storage unit with water and electricity. Then you won't need to worry about freezing or messing with a cover every day. More expensive though.

Comment

My husband had to do this with a van he had once. You can get them at an auto parts store or you may have to order one. Be glad you can still keep it at home rather than having to store it overnight someplace else. Many towns require this not just HOA's.

sittingpretty

Comment

We used to live in an HOA. They told us blank magnets would be fine to cover the writing and pictures...so we spent $100 for a roll of magnetic sheeting, then the HOA said sorry, that's not good enough, you can't park here PERIOD. So I would make sure that it's ok to cover, or use magnets before spending the money. I was told the van was too tall and too long. (was told after the approval)..I was really mad, but nothing I could do.

Comment

I am soo glad I don't live in an HOA. I bought my house to do with what I want and park what I want in MY driveway that I paid for, LOL. In all honesty what exactly can they do to you if you leave it parked there in all of its graphic beauty? How binding are HOA rules/regulation? Would you be fined? and who collects? Can they tow it? I am being serious with these questions, I do not live in HOA, never have, never will. Will they show up at your doorstep with pitchforks and torches, tar and feather you and run you out of town?
                Or could they implement a one time or yearly fee to allow the home owners commercial vehicle that they use to make a living to be parked in the driveway of the house they bought?
                If i were mobile and had to park elsewhere I would have to drive 20 miles to get to the mobile, not a lot of parking garages around here, cows and corn, LOL.
                I'd fight it, lol. Its not like you have a car on blocks buried in an overgrown lawn, plastic pink flamingos and a toilet planter. Mobile Van costs more than what they probably make a year. (thinking of my brothers HOA, between he and his wife they might have made 70K a year, their house is only worth 120K)

Comment

Oh, yeah...they can fine you. The HOA's in Arizona are nasty nasty people with ridiculous rules. You can't even paint your house without approval and it has to be on the approved color list. They can tell you what you can and can't plant in your front yard. I hate HOA's. And it's really hard to find a nice home outside of an HOA in this area. Storing the van at a mini storage is about $140 month..just to park in a gated parking lot. It's very inconvenient when your vehicle can't even be in your driveway.

Comment

Originally posted by henrythe8th View Post
                    I am soo glad I don't live in an HOA. I bought my house to do with what I want and park what I want in MY driveway that I paid for, LOL. ..... (thinking of my brothers HOA, between he and his wife they might have made 70K a year, their house is only worth 120K)
                    I can relate what an HOA can do in Florida:

Can they fine you? Yes. Can you tell them what to do with the fine? Yes. Can the HOA hire a lawyer and drag you into court? Yes. Will you be assessed for the costs of the lawyer? Yes. When you lose, can you lose your house? Yes. Will the HOA place a lien on your property and then get a judgment from the court to sell your property at auction, throwing you out on the street? Yes. Google "Florida HOA" for some real horror stories. I'm sure it's the same with the HOAs in Arizona.

What's the difference between an HOA and the Waffen SS? The Waffen SS had uniforms.
                    "With God's help, all things are possible!"
                    Laura Lee Ray
                    I am kats_melody on eGroomer. Follow my Twitter tweets - @ZOOMGROOM on Twitter.com

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. The good news is I am only renting the house I live in. I am planning to buy a house later this year, and after all of this **** I know I don't want to live in a neighborhood with such a strict HOA.

The van is so cute. I spent about $1,500 on the lettering and graphics, in fact it's not cute - it's adorable. Now it's going to look like a huge marshmellow in the driveway with this ugly cover!

henrythe8th, you are hilarious! Sometimes I feel like the neighbors want to show up at our doorstep with pitchforks and torches. When we moved in here 4 years ago, one lady called us "the renters" . . . this same lady walks her poodles around the neighborhood and never cleans up their poo.

Now that I went mobile, I'm sure they just looooooove me having the van!! Wait till they see how awesome it looks with the cover on!!

btw - I did check into the cover being ok with the HOA and surprisingly it's fine, I've just been procrastinating the issue. Guess it's time. Ugh :-/

Comment

Thank heavens you are 'the renters' LOL...omg, when you move out you should leave pink flamingos and a toilet planter in the front yard...after all, 'the renters' always leave something behind, LOL.
                        I think I would live in a tent before I moved into an HOA, for that matter you could live in the mobile! all you need is an air mattress, bbq grill and a cooler, and maybe a bucket w/a removable liner for when you have to go! hahahaha
                        Oh and pile a lot of trash bags by the curb, borrow trash if you have to, that always adds that extra special 'the renters' have moved out touch. (evil grin)
                        And one more thing, start collecting the poodle womans dog ****, put it on her doorstep when you move. Oh better yet, if they park a car outside (although probably not allowed) put the bags under her tires, hehehhehe. Or just dump the bags under the tires, she will be flinging poo for a mile.

Comment

Working...
                        X