Leave in conditioners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leave in conditioners

I need some ideas on a really good, smelling good, leave in conditioner. I know you all will understand why I need a leave in one. With the limited amount of water that we carry, I do not want to use it to rinse twice. I usually use show seasons de tangeler and love the smell, but it seams a little soapy to leave on, even diluted. I do use the result rinse often, love it, but it does not leave any scent.
    So I want to try something new. What do you all use?

Most conditioners will not leave a scent. If that's what you want, why not try a cologne? Longer lasting.

In any case, I use Crowne Royale #2 or The Stuff. I'd rather performance over smell.
    There are 3 different kinds of people in this world: Dog people, cat people, and rational people who don't have a problem liking two things at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by OntheBRINKofDisaster View Post
      Most conditioners will not leave a scent. If that's what you want, why not try a cologne? Longer lasting.

In any case, I use Crowne Royale #2 or The Stuff. I'd rather performance over smell.
      So is Crown Royale #2 and the Stuff the same type of thing? I have both but I really don't have a clue. I thought the Crown Royale was something to help the fur stand up when scissoring and the Stuff just made it soft.

And by the way, just to keep on track with this thread; the Crown Royal smells pretty good.

Comment

I use Show Season's Leave In conditioner. Has a light fragrance. I've been using it for a couple of years and I really like it. I think it's in their natural line.
        ~*~Robin~*~
        "In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."

Comment

The Stuff is amazing and the concentrated bottle has lasted me forever, you get more out of the expensive bottle since you just mix it up with water yourself...

Comment

Originally posted by Jedd View Post
            So is Crown Royale #2 and the Stuff the same type of thing? I have both but I really don't have a clue. I thought the Crown Royale was something to help the fur stand up when scissoring and the Stuff just made it soft.

And by the way, just to keep on track with this thread; the Crown Royal smells pretty good.
            For me it depends on the type of outcome I want. It is opinional so I'm sure there are those that won't agree with me. (Btw, I use #2 because it works well on all coats to streamline cost)

I would say the outcomes can be very similar depending on how much of the product is used, and I'd say your assessment of them is correct. Crowne Royal seems to be a bit more weightless and more of a conditioner than The Stuff. It all depends on how much you use and when. I tend to like The Stuff more because it's more all purpose to me, but I love Crowne Royale too. Play around with them and find out what you can do.

I'm sorry I don't have anything real concrete or scientific to give you! I only know how they work for me, and it may not work the same across the board for everyone. Perhaps someone else can chime in and nail it down a bit more.
            There are 3 different kinds of people in this world: Dog people, cat people, and rational people who don't have a problem liking two things at the same time.

Comment

I found this product at a grooming show one year. It is called Smart Choice, made by Cut-Heal. It is a spray on cleaner,conditioner, detangler.
              It does a nice job and has a light scent. I have also seen it at feed stores in the horse supplies, but the front label does say it is for all long and short haired animals. Cut- Heal has a web site.

Comment

show seasons naturals leave in does leave a great scent! If you can find it so does hansens cherry remo. I like show seasons better.

Comment

Nature's Specialty

I love Nature's Specialty Leave in. It leaves a nice scent, the dogs are very soft and easy to brush through. I use this conditioner during the summer months because it has some UV protection in it as well.

Comment

Coat handler!

Favorite Conditioner: Coat Handler Conditioner is a the best conditioner i have ever used, i wouldn't use anything else. The fact that it is a leave-in conditioner- it is such a water and time saver for the mobile groomer. Ciao!

Comment

light and nice

Originally posted by PlantLover View Post
                      Favorite Conditioner: Coat Handler Conditioner is a the best conditioner i have ever used, i wouldn't use anything else. The fact that it is a leave-in conditioner- it is such a water and time saver for the mobile groomer. Ciao!
                      leaves coat fresh and very lightly scented,....love coat handler,...when I need a little more conditioning weight I add a drop or two of Iv San Bernards sil plus, k101 or ph balance lotion...all leave on too,...which just gives that little extra some drop coats and herding breeds need.

never had any itching or build up which I've had with the stuff and show season if you use a little too much.

I use Coat handler at 15:1- 30-1 on heads too with no problem of soft top knots.

Comment

i use Buddy spray

From cloud star 3 diff fragrences it does really soften the coat so on certain dogs it is not the right choice i also use isle of the dog 63 love the clean smell , I love stazco spray but not the smell so sometimes i mix it up with the buddy spay works like a charm

Comment

Originally posted by 4liz2 View Post
                          never had any itching or build up which I've had with the stuff.
                          Hmmm...The Stuff is hypoallergenic and also should not build up unless you are using copious amounts of it in a small amount of time. (i.e. if you have a two or one weeker and you load 'em up every time and don't shampoo well.) Are you sure it's the sprays you are using that caused it?

Comment

Quicker Slicker from Nature's Specialties and Ice on Ice from Chris Christensen.

Comment

I love "the stuff"! I have alot of clients that don't like alot of scent. The stuff makes them so soft and light, if they want scent I offer cologne as a option.

Comment

Working...
                              X