Updated pics of my new mobile unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updated pics of my new mobile unit

Now we started with a normal shuttle bus that sat 12. He's removed the windows, insullated, and done lots of other stuff. I thought I would at least share what he sent me pics wise so far. He's SOOO busy, I'm thankful he's been able to do this much. He is a shop foreman and had to do a lot of layoffs, which meant he's been doing the job of 3 people most of the time.
    So enjoy, he doesn't remember to take pics often, so when I get more updated pics I'll post them.
    He's purchased the furnace and water heater, but they aren't in yet.
    Attached Files
    What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Wow...compared to my Hanvey, that is really a 'shop on wheels'! We could have groomer parties in there! And sleepovers too!!! Bet you are excited!

Comment

Beatious mylady! Can't wait to see you tootling down the road in that. You'll be so loving it!
      www.gomobileandsucceed.com
      http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

Comment

Here are two more, nothing terribly exciting, just didn't get them in the first post. He's left enough seating so both my kids can ride with me if needed, which is what the top of the red seats are for. It also came with a DVD player so right above where the seats are tehre is a metal plate to mount a screen and the DVD player is above the dash. It's also Sirious radio ready he said. LOL, I'll be happy to be able to HEAR the radio while driving. It's going to take me some time to get used to driving something this big, but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it.

I also put in some "before" pics so you can see what it looked like when he bought it.
        Attached Files

Comment

He is pretty smart to consider how family oriented you are. Will you have to get a chauffeur's license to drive your kids around?
          "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
          People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

That rig is going to be da'-bomb when its finished. I wish I had that type of unit.

Comment

Originally posted by celebpet View Post
              That rig is going to be da'-bomb when its finished. I wish I had that type of unit.
              You will, my friend. You will.
              "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
              People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

Originally posted by elizo View Post
                Wow...compared to my Hanvey, that is really a 'shop on wheels'! We could have groomer parties in there! And sleepovers too!!! Bet you are excited!
                I think I may just live in it after it's done. It will probably be nicer than my house! Heck, I 'll take it to grooming seminars and just camp out in it LOL.
                I don't need a commercial license to drive it thankfully, I already looked into that. John, who is building it, has 3 kids himself so we're all about the kids LOL. And having a DVD player in there I can keep the kids occupied. The only problem will be, I can fit the kids but won't be able to fit the husband, so we wouldn't all be able to travel to shows or anything in it. Guess I could loop him to the table.
                I am going to have a large dehumidifyer in there (YAY) and he's setting it up so that my dryer will be in an area where I won't hear it as much. Probably same with the vacuum. He doesn't do anything half-way, that's for sure!

Comment

That is really looking nice. I'm sure you are so excited and can't wait for it to get done and out on the road.
                  "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
                  Diane

Comment

Beautiful work on the conversion. But if the generator that is in the picture is the one you plan on using, plan on replacing it. We have one of those generators for emergency lighting for when hurricanes hit. To say that the voltage is "drifty" is being charitable. It's good for lighting and running stuff like saws and electric pumps. And it is LOUD.

If it's in your budget, find a commercial or RV generator. You'll be much happier in the long run.
                    "With God's help, all things are possible!"
                    Laura Lee Ray
                    I am kats_melody on eGroomer. Follow my Twitter tweets - @ZOOMGROOM on Twitter.com

Comment

Wowee, is that gonna be sa-weeet! If I had a nifty lift like that for the big hairies, I probably woulda saved myself 19-gabillion backaches! Tell me you're keeping that...
                      Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
                      George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyFluffer View Post
                        Wowee, is that gonna be sa-weeet! If I had a nifty lift like that for the big hairies, I probably woulda saved myself 19-gabillion backaches! Tell me you're keeping that...
                        Yup, we're keeping the lift for the big dogs and geriatrics.
                        The gene in the pic is what I am using and then maybe down the road I can replace it with an RV style. It will ge me started at least and he's building a muffler for it to help with the noise.

Comment

I noticed you didn't use plywood inside your truck... you better make sure that whatever you are planning to cover the pressboard with is water tight or it will swell like a balloon and ruin your walls.

Comment

So, will the hot tub be in the back or the front of the bus?

Tammy in Utah
                            Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Just lovely! How fortunate you have a really well skilled fellow working on it, he is doing a great job. It will be like Crhistmas for you when he is done!

sittingpretty

Comment

Working...
                              X