A Lamb Cut on a Cat??-Help???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Lamb Cut on a Cat??-Help???

I'm fairly new at grooming-been doing plenty of Lion cuts on cats-and just now feel like I'm getting the hang of them--but today I had a request for a lamb cut on a Longhair cat--Anyone have any ideas of how I'd do this?
    Thanks in Advance--

the first thing that popped in my head is an all over short clip but what i always do when i get to a 1st time clients house is go over how exactly they want the animal to end up looking and then i decide in my head what will get the animal to that point. ppl will use all kinds of terminology that you might not use so thats why i do a consult with the owner before i ever begin the haircut so i can get a specific idea.

hope that helps.

Comment

With my clients, a lamb cut on a cat usually translates into making a longhaired cat into a short haired cat. I've had very good luck using anything from 1/2" to an 1" s.o. comb under a 15 blade. I usually go in reverse since it gives such a nice finish. Of course, the clipper vac makes all the difference!
      Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
      George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Comment

I agree with PuppyFluffer - it is probably doing a reverse SC to take off the extra length. And, yes, a clipper vac certainly helps with the procedure.

My kitty customers usually request a fairly short coat - #1 to #2 in reverse makes them happy.

If you have never done it before, be aware the cat looks like a freshly plowed field when freshly done, but it smooths out over time and looks great within a couple of days.

Comment

Originally posted by Doubledogdare View Post
          the cat looks like a freshly plowed field when freshly done
          That's a great description. I'm going to start using that, if you don't mind.
          "The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go." ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

I also agree with PF. But would just add to ask her to bring in any pictures if she has them. I wouldn't have a problem telling her that you are unfamiliar with the term and you just want to make sure you do the right thing.

Comment

Question-
              would going over the liines with thinners to blend the liines work on a cat? just wondering - I dont do many cats.only 2. just thinking it "might" help?Ive never tried it. the 2 cats I do get a #7. they have been getting that long before I ever touched them.

Comment

no scissors!

I always work in reverse, it makes a much smoother finish. I dont have a clipper vac, but the metal wahl combs over a 30 blade, work wonderfully. as Danelle says "cats and scissors dont mix". after I had done a lot of cats and got comfortable with them, I started using my 40 blade to skim the edges on mane and boots. like skimming the fuzzies on doggies. I dont do many lamb or long cuts, but I have gotten a lot better at smoothing them now. practice, practice.

Comment

Working...
                X