Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Worst blond moment ever!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Worst blond moment ever!!

    You guys will never believe what I just did. I don't even believe it. I feel like the world's biggest idiot right now.

    So I may be breaking up with my boyfriend have been stressed out and decided after my last dog today that I was going to get a shake from the delicious shake place that was close by. Have been craving one all week. I look at the drive through and think it looks pretty open I could go through with my trailer. Should I park, I think to myself, no you can make it through that drive through no problem. Huge mistake! I ended up taking the hood thing-a-ma-jig that was over the drive through window right off with my trailer.

    The thing is, though, they had a clearance bar that my trailer made it through. I didn't notice this until after I drove passed to see if they had one. They do, and it was untouched. My step-dad says that this means it is not my fault because they don't have an appropriate clearance bar. They had me leave my name, number and plate number and said someone would call me tomorrow.

    I rarely go through the drive through with my trailer, now I never will. Learned that lesson the hard way. Haha I can't believe I did that. Worst blond moment ever!

  • #2
    Originally posted by fortheloveofdogs View Post
    I ended up taking the hood thing-a-ma-jig that was over the drive through window right off with my trailer.

    I don't understand this hood thing? Are you speaking in blonde???

    If you made it through the clearance warning, they should be paying you for repairs! Was your trailer damaged?

    Comment


    • #3
      Oh you poor thing.
      Maybe they are gonna "call you tomorrow" to offer you a years worth of free delicious shakes cuz they feel sorry for you? I sure hope so.

      I was at a gas station in (on?) the Outer Banks about 6 years ago, filling up my truck.
      The station manager came out to chat dogs w/ me (I had my Staffie and a friends BC in the truck).
      We talk for about 10 minutes, his inside phone rings, he goes jogging back inside, and I jump back into the truck and take off w/ Springsteen blaring on the stereo.

      When I got back to the place I was staying...about a mile away, I wasn't sure if I should return the gas nozzle and hose...or just call the station and give them my credit card number?

      I did not receive a years worth of free gas.
      Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

      Comment


      • #4
        From one blond to another

        stick to Wendys ,no clearance

        Comment


        • #5
          I don't know if you are liable for the awning or not, but I surely would never take my mobile thru any drive thru; I am too wide and too tall and too long. Can't drive thru the bank or even fit in the parking lot at my local branch.
          Deidre

          Comment


          • #6
            Yes, and I used to go to Taco Bell until they remodeled the ones near us. Now I don't go there anymore. Hope today is a better one.

            Comment


            • #7
              Yes I have learned Wendy's and Dunkin Donuts I can fit through as they have nothing overhead! I'm always afraid I'm going to forget I'm in the grooming van and shear off the tops of the van! Most of the time though, if I go through the drive thru they ask me to turn off the van so they can hear me LOL. A noisy diesel.
              What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

              Comment


              • #8
                First of all, dump the BF

                Secondly, have your insurance pay for damages to your trailer and their establishment, Bottom line, it was your negligence for damaging their property, no matter what type of clearance bar you ran under. Don’t forget, they have corporate attorneys, you don’t, so if you fight this, it will cost you a lot of “out of pocket” money for an attorney, takes years to resolve, for something you did. The faster you get over this “hurdle” the better.

                Thirdly, chuck it up to life’s little experiences, no one with any type of mobile, drives through any type of "drive-thru".......and remember, you will laugh about this in ten years !!

                Happy Feeding the Sharks with your money

                Dolly’s Barking Bubbles, LLC

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Dolly View Post
                  First of all, dump the BF

                  Secondly, have your insurance pay for damages to your trailer and their establishment, Bottom line, it was your negligence for damaging their property, no matter what type of clearance bar you ran under. Don’t forget, they have corporate attorneys, you don’t, so if you fight this, it will cost you a lot of “out of pocket” money for an attorney, takes years to resolve, for something you did. The faster you get over this “hurdle” the better.

                  Thirdly, chuck it up to life’s little experiences, no one with any type of mobile, drives through any type of "drive-thru".......and remember, you will laugh about this in ten years !!

                  Happy Feeding the Sharks with your money

                  Dolly’s Barking Bubbles, LLC
                  The insurance companies usually hash it out themselves. You won't have to hire lawyers to do it. My insurance company once wanted to sue my friend who's animal damaged my car instead of paying for it, (animal damage was covered under liability). I said no way and told them not to.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Dolly View Post
                    Thirdly, chuck it up to life’s little experiences, no one with any type of mobile, drives through any type of "drive-thru"
                    Dolly’s Barking Bubbles, LLC

                    Another plus of Housecall Grooming. I dirve a Suzuki Swift, 38 MPG, basically the size of a Geo Metro Hatchback but 4 cylinders to get me up steep grades. Ahh, one less worry.
                    Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      From Another Blonde

                      Originally posted by edderland View Post
                      Can't drive thru the bank or even fit in the parking lot at my local branch.
                      Deidre
                      I learned my lesson the hard way at the bank....parked lengthwise along the long curb in front, many of us "trailer folks" do. Each time I thought, "Someday someone is going to not look and just back into me." Sure enough, eventually someone did and crumpled the entire passenger door on my truck. Luckily not my trailer...moral of the story, don't think thoughts that invite bad karma, and don't park in "blonde" places.

                      Hope you are repaired quickly.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by 4Sibes View Post
                        I was at a gas station in (on?) the Outer Banks about 6 years ago, filling up my truck.
                        The station manager came out to chat dogs w/ me (I had my Staffie and a friends BC in the truck).
                        We talk for about 10 minutes, his inside phone rings, he goes jogging back inside, and I jump back into the truck and take off w/ Springsteen blaring on the stereo.

                        When I got back to the place I was staying...about a mile away, I wasn't sure if I should return the gas nozzle and hose...or just call the station and give them my credit card number?

                        I did not receive a years worth of free gas.
                        I have done this at a Quik Trip in my personal car. The manager was not pleased & said they have a full time maintenance guy who does nothing but drive around D/FW Quik Trips repairing gas nozzles. I did not have to pay for it.
                        "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
                        People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I told my husband about this story. He says if you get past the bar & their canopy is shorter then the bar its their fault not yours. That is what the bar is for is to protect their canopy & they didn't do it right.

                          I personally wouldn't go through a drive through even if its temping with a large vehicle or pulling a trailer. I don't like it when my hubby takes the truck & our little boat through there, tight enough corners but he's driving it not me.

                          Shannon
                          The Soapy Puppy

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X