Best day yet in Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best day yet in Mobile

I have two clients who live in a town that is 60 miles from me. I had one of them booked with 2 dogs and her friend (new client) with 3 dogs, today. The first one had to cancel a few days ago, so I emailed another client in that area; I had done his nutzo lhasa last winter, was a horribly matted terrified dog; that was incredibly shy fear biter traumatized by a shop dog that I really didn't want to do again. Today he was a different dog, no mats, and stood there for most of the groom just fine and didn't try to snap even once. Then I did the owner's other dog, a Gshepherd. (I don't usually do large dogs, but told the owner that if he would help lift and hold, I would do him.
    The first lady, the new one, tipped 25, and was thrilled, and the second owner was so impressed with how much hair I blew out of his g shep that he rebooked for 30 days for him.
    Made the most money I have ever made in the mobile; and got a phone call and an email from 2 other clients in the area that saw my van; I told them I come over there once or twice a month; one booked already, and the lady that had to cancel (her dog had emergency surgery after eating rocks in the back yard), will have me come then, too, so another 4 or 5 dog day over there.

Deidre

YAY !!

Comment

Congratulations

Now that is a day that makes you say "YES" and then pat yourself on your pat...

Great job !!!

Comment

Go you. Glad the Lhasa as good the second time, maybe cause he wasn't matted this time.

Comment

Goooooooooo Diedre!!!!!!

Comment

Deidre

It takes a little while to build up a base. If you local shops are not providing good service it takes even longer to over come the public perception that is placed on the industry with in the confines of a area be it a town or a county. Once you reach a threshold where there are enough positive reactions to your service it will bloom into what you thought you wanted it to be when you started. Summer time is just around the corner so make sure you are conveying to your new clients that your looking for more "good clients". You can offer an incentive for referrals for a period of time. Just remember to keep in mind that the incentive program may need to include a time limit.
            It's really not that hard to get people used to having their pets kept clean and looking kept, it's hard to get them started and hard to undo the negative perceptions if they exist. Smile and remember that if your doing something you like you will never work a day ever again. You just get paid to do what you enjoy doing any way. Sure beasts working for it.

Comment

I also use the calm assertive, gentle but firm, attitude toward that lhasa; that helps a lot.
              I don't get flustered or anxious, just do what I need to do.
              He will continue to do even better, I am sure.
              Deidre

Comment

Working...
              X