You mean, the time changed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You mean, the time changed?

Oh thank goodness I have the worlds best clients. I am in the shower this morning, taking a liesurely shower at that, at 10am, getting ready for my first appointment at 11am when my husband yells up to me "Honey, you know it's after 11am!". Well crud, I had reminded him about the time change and he always changes the clocks so it never occurred to me that he had forgotten! So here I am dripping wet in the shower when I SHOULD be at my first appointment. I'm not even close to ready, the van isn't prepped. I jump out mumbling some explicatives under my breath so my son, who never allows me to be anywhere in the house without him, can't hear me and rush to get ready. I grab the phone and my book and call my first client and explain why I am not there, apologizing over and over again. And of course today is her birthday and her famiyl is waiting to take her out to brunch. But they are wonderful people, were not upset at all. So I was 45 minutes late. I had squeezed him in because he had been ill for a while, so it didn't mesh well with my driving schedule. From there I had a 45 minute drive, but as I was grooming Sully (one of my fave clients I've written about) I noticed that his gums and tongue are almost white they are so pale. there is decent capilary refill for what little color he had. I had been told to just put him inside and lock the door. After seeing his mouth I just couldn't leave him. If something happened, well, I wasn't going anywhere until they got back. I called the family cell but got the voicemail. I did put him back inside while I was cleaning up so he would be more comfortable and thankfully, dad and the daughter came home. I went inside and told them what I had noticed. His illness had been that he was bleeding and not clotting and they now thought he had an ulcer somewhere. He wasn't acting himself either. They told me they were going away for a few days and was going to have to board him at the vets just to be safe. I offered to go visit him while they were gone. I'm sure the staff at the vet wouldn't really know his normal personality, and he's my buddy. All I really said was that I'd be happy to go visit him and spend some time with him knowing it might help keep them from worrying. I adore this old man.
    So I am an hour and fifteen minutes late to my next appointment. Of course, since I was running late I ran out without grabbing anything to eat or drink, but I am already late and can't stop. I had called her ahead too and got her voicemail. She laughed because she too had forgotten the time change. Then she wanted to show me her newly remodeled bathroom. It was lovely, but I was already so behind. I groomed Buddy in a nice tight Bichon clip, shorter this time per her request. I had to laugh when I brought him back in. her interior designer was there adding some things to the bathroom and when she saw Buddy she exclaimed "How did you get him so white?" and his owner, before I could say anything just responds very matter of factly "she washed him". LOL Then I did her Boston's nail and luckily he's a doll. She was also pet sitting for another one of my clients so when I came in with my bucket of toys he lined up for his! Of course I let him have one. So then I was off back closer to home, but still a 30 minute drive (I do cover a large area). I always try to schedule an hour break somewhere in the day to stop at a bathroom, get a drink, etc. Well, even with that I was running behind, but it was almost 4pm and I had eaten nothing nor had anything to drink so I did stop at a Mobil station and grabbed a drink and a prepackaged sandwich. I'm sure it was because I was so hungry, but I swear that was the BEST ham and cheese sandwich I've ever had! LOL. So off to my last appointment. I had again called this client. She's 85 and one of her dogs is my only biter. A 10 year old practically toothless Chih. I told her I would be about 20 minutes late, but was 25 because of my stop. Her Yorkie is a doll and she swears he is never as happy to see anyone as he is to see me. He ever broke through two gates to get to me. Then of course, there is Paco. he's all of 3 pounds and she's afraid of him and it took abotu 30 minutes just to get my hands on him because he hides under furniture. He takes all of 20 minutes to groom! Took me longer to catch him. So I was able to get both of them done, she hugged me as usual and thanked me for my help and I was FINALLY headed home. I was SOOO happy to pull into my driveway. I walked into my house and discovered two whining, cranky children. Maybe i should have scheduled just a few more....
    What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

What a day you had!!! You've tired me out.

I'm so glad I don't work on Sundays after we have had a time change. I'm either going to be late or early to Church on those Sundays. No big deal!!!
    "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
    Diane

Comment

O lordy I need a nap after reading that one.. thank you for sharing

Comment

My DH changed all the clocks yesterday morning when he got up, but neglected to tell me. I changed them all AGAIN last nite before I went to bed - and neglected to tell him. Thus, I was awake at 4am instead of 6am (a mere two days ago it woulda been 3am). Didn't figure it out until I had a full cup of coffee in me and it was too late to go back to sleep.

I freakin' HATE daylilght savings time - at least the first couple of days of it anyway.
        Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
        George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Comment

i worked on sunday and totally forgot, but luckily so did all of my clients that day.
          Certified Master Pet Tech Pet CPR, First Aid and Care Instructor
          "Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation." Henry Ward Beecher US Congregational Minister 1813-1887

Comment

What a day you had!! You should have seen my church! It was half empty! Happens every time!
            Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

Arizona does not have daylight savings time

probably cuz I think people in Az are not too bright. did I say that? Anyway, it is one less thing I have to remember to do. I think if we did have daylite savings time, I'd be accused of being early or something.

I groomed four cute, sweet Maltese today. That was enough for me. I booked a lady with 5 Bichion baths and then she cancelled by the time I got home. I know she booked the other groomer when she quoted my already too low fee. This groomer seems to get a lot of my calls, or new clients and undercuts me and gets them in sooner than I can. I am relieved sort of, because I am so booked already; today was supposed to be my day off. I don't know how to outsmart this other groomer. It messes up my schedule when I book and then they cancel for her sooner/cheaper appt.
              Last edited by Jenneversage64; 03-15-10, 08:10 PM. Reason: meant four

Comment

[ Arizona does not have daylight savings time...Jenneversage64]

I loved it when we were stationed in Arizona in the military.....just for that reason. The only thing I can remember having to do with the time change was check the tv listings...they changed times! No one lost any sleep over that, or late to work! LOL
                "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
                Diane

Comment

As fo MYLADY

That was all before she even cooked dinner, made cupcakes and then bathed, read a story and kissed her children goodnight as she tucked them in bed. Then....she looked over her schedule for tomorrow and began thinking of how she was going to groom them. The dogs, not the kids She probably set out Evies clothes for tomorrow too. Or, they discussed what she would wear and then set them out.

Comment

LOL, Sunday night I actually made hubby take us all out to eat. I did come home and do the dishes, throw in some laundry and mop the floors. Haven't done the upstairs yet.
                    Sadly, My buddy Sully crashed again on Monday and is back at the vets. His mom looked at his gum color after I told her husband about what I noticed and she said she was going to take him in the next day to haev that checked, then in the morning his belly was distended. They think from a bleeding ulcer. And he couldn't walk, so he's back at the vets. She called me in a panic because none of the vets here are staffed 24 hours (the one I worked at always was, so this is a new concept to me) and Sully needed to be taken from the daytime vet to the afterhours clinic everyday while they were out of town. She found someone before I got back in touch with her though. I was really worried about whether or not the grooming had exacerbated his illness, but she assured me it had nothing to do with it. I don't know what I would have done if I had been part of the cause. He had been cleared by the vet for grooming though.
                    What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

Working...
                    X