Water Tanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Tanks

Ok a stupid question for all of you who built their own mobiles..... Where did you get your fresh and grey tanks? I am converting a shuttle bus so there is plenty of room , How many Gallons do you recomend? Thanks in advance

I wish I could remember the name, but I found a site online that had great tanks at great prices. I think I may have just googled "water tanks" but it's been so long I can't remember. They even had "seconds" much cheaper. It said there was nothing wrong with them other than I believe the color wasn't consistent throughout LOL. I have 35 gallon tanks now and my new bus will have 50 gallon tanks.
    What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

Water Tanks
      Just click on the link. Any good RV store other than the chain stores like Camping World can get you the tanks, but you have to know what you want.

Hope this helps!
      "With God's help, all things are possible!"
      Laura Lee Ray
      I am kats_melody on eGroomer. Follow my Twitter tweets - @ZOOMGROOM on Twitter.com

Comment

At least 50 gal grey and fresh (2 different tanks). Go a bit larger if possible.

Comment

I wanted to add it depends on how many dogs you want to do in a day as well. I have a recirc bathing system and with my current 35 gallon tanks I can do 6 dogs easily in a day. I don't like to do more than 4, so it's more than enough for me, though I have done more than that. My new rig will have bigger tanks because my groomer works during the day and hopefully as she gets busier it will prevent me from needing to refill before I need to take the rig out. I haven't had to yet, but hoping she gets more during the daytime as we go along.
          What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

You can find them on ebay. Just search water tanks, septic tanks, rv water tanks, etc. This is one of the places i found on ebay. Their prices are pretty cheap.

R-and-P-Carriages-Trailer-Sales_RV-Fresh-Water-Tanks_W0QQ_fsubZ2QQ_sidZ13922267QQ_trksidZp4634Q2e c0Q2em322

I actually have 35 gallon agricultural sprayer style takes in my trailer. They are round style. You can buy cradles for them to sit on. IN my trailer the cradles were fabbed out of 2x4's. The nice thing about these tanks are the large screw on lids. Easy to fill and in the grey tank I can get my whole arm down inside of it to clean it or if it gets clogged by hair(which has happend once already) I was able to get down in it and get out the hair trap.

Lots to consider.

Comment

Thanks, I didnt even think about the grey tank getting hair stuck in it

Comment

I get most my stuff through http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/index.html . They have desent deals.

Shannon
                The Soapy Puppy

Comment

I have been shopping for tanks, some say they are not made to be pressurized. Do we need tanks that can be pressurized?

Comment

No they should not be pressurized. Since you are just gravity feeding the water to the pump. As long as the gray tank is below the drain outlet level of the tub it will gravity feed back into it. If the tub drain is below the highest of the full part of the tank the water will simply stop draining into the tank and it will start to back up into the tub. Hope that makes sense.

Comment

Gallons per wash

Can anyone tell me the average number of gallons used per wash if one is not using a recirculating system but is using a Bath Master system? I realize it depends on the size of the dog and how dirty it is but I am just looking for an average. I need to know what size tanks I should get for my mobile trailer.

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                      X