Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kathyf
    replied
    i bought groommobile and it was a nightmare ....ford said it was converson fau

i bought groommobile and it was a nightmare ....ford said it was converson fault ,they say fords fault,van was a 150 OVERWEIGHTED would be an understatement...when installing water holding tank a skrew was put into the brake line.....resulting in total brake failure ...new tires and brakes every 4 to 6 weeks, i spent alltogther 62 grand ,and sold it to a guy in LA who sells icecream..i got 10,000 out of it after a year and was glad to get that....i would love to join any class action suit pending

Leave a comment:

• Tat2DGroomer
    replied
    Originally posted by wet noze View Post
    She had an injury and sold the van. That's what happened.
    Wow! I didn't know. Hope all is well now. She or rather they truly enjoyed their career

Leave a comment:

• Particentral
    replied
    Health reasons she said.

Leave a comment:

• wet noze
    replied
    She had an injury and sold the van. That's what happened.

Leave a comment:

• Tat2DGroomer
    replied
    Originally posted by Full_Groom View Post
    Kinda doubt you'll get a response from them, she isn't grooming anymore from what I recall. They haven't logged in since June. <shrug>
    For real?! What happened? Do you know??

Leave a comment:

• Full_Groom
    replied
    Originally posted by Tat2DGroomer View Post
    This is to what Kats Melody posted about E150 groomobiles:I just want to say also that I borrowed a 2006 E150 Groomobile and they do have fresh water tank, grey tank, drying cage unit, clipper vac, Davis dryer, built in shop vac, etc. So I'm a little CONFUSED by what you mean by 'sparse'???
    Kinda doubt you'll get a response from them, she isn't grooming anymore from what I recall. They haven't logged in since June. <shrug>

Leave a comment:

• Tat2DGroomer
    replied
    This is to what Kats Melody posted about E150 groomobiles:I just want to say also that I borrowed a 2006 E150 Groomobile and they do have fresh water tank, grey tank, drying cage unit, clipper vac, Davis dryer, built in shop vac, etc. So I'm a little CONFUSED by what you mean by 'sparse'???

Leave a comment:

• Tat2DGroomer
    replied
    I have an E-250 conversion. Dana reinforced the springs and re did the brakes. I haul fresh water AND have a grey tank..... BUT Fred is HEAVY make no mistake! We call him the juggernaut! I have a pic on my phone which I will upload later of what Fred did to the rollback that came and picked him up after a blow out on I-95.

Leave a comment:

• trishtm
    replied
    Need to email me. Have same people involved in a very serious situation. Lawsuit ect.

Leave a comment:

• Puffy Paws
    replied
    My back was against the wall at the time

I was grooming out of my home for about a year and a neighbor decided he didn't like seeing a car come on to my property and drop off a dog. I was really low key...I didn't have more than one at a time...not a lot of noise...most of my neighbors came to me to have their dogs groomed. So one nasty neighbor turns me in and I applied to the township for a variance and lost. I did try to find a place to groom in my area but no luck. No one wanted dogs in their building...maybe a noise issue, a sanitary issue...I don't know. But I couldn't go too far out of my area or I would have lost my clients. So I did the only thing I could do and that was to go mobile. I selected these folks because they always answered the phone and they were close to me and I could get started right away. So I gathered up my business savings and bought one of their vans. I had a lot of trouble with the van itself...not the equipment they installed. I ended up trading up and am very happy with my larger van. It's just taking a while to get all the kinks ironed out, but like I said before, these folks are so nice and always answer the phone and emails. Plus I have a client whose boyfriend works on ambulances and has been so helpful. The biggest thing that has been a problem is everyone has a different idea on how things should be hooked up. So you really have to go with common sense and have someone you can depend on to help you out in a pinch. This isn't for the mechanically un-inclined! I'd love to know how things turned out for "Dog Charm".

Leave a comment:

• ncylou
    replied
    I had looked at their vans too

but passed. When I was figuring what they put into it and the price they wanted to me it wasn't worth it. And if you look closely at the photos some of the work is very sloppy. I had the same thing I was looking at one online and was being referred to another van that photos weren't online for. What scared the heck out of me in one of the larger ones they had a propane tank mounted inside the bus with a little heater mounted to it for the heat! That put an end to even considering them, no open flames for me!!!!

Leave a comment:

• SpikeyTheYorkie
    replied
    I am pretty sure I know who these folks are. The daughter is here in Utah and runs a mobile grooming van that her father built. He puts in these checkered floorings, right? He is in Pennsylvania.

I have looked at their vans often but I really think if I went mobile I would likely stick with Wag n Tails.

When I was looking at mobiles online, she was selling a mobile unit. I wanted to talk to her about the one in the ad, but she kept referring to another van. She wasn't wanting to sell me the van in the ad, it was just odd to me from the beginning.

I can't say if they're honest or not, I only know who they are. I would not spend that kind of money w/out a warranty, no way.

Tammy in Utah

Leave a comment:

• Puffy Paws
    replied
    I bought a van and I think it may be from the same people. Can we talk?

I think we're dealing with the same people. Although, I have to say, I can always get in touch with them and they try to help.[ But do I have some stories for you! I could write a book.
    QUOTE=Dog Charm;398069]Long story short I bought a grooming van from a small conversion company in Penn. 6 hours away from me , groomed 4 dogs and had problems with the inverter not working so I took it to a local R.V. repair place . They took one look at my set up and said I was driving a rolling bomb and offered to remove the unsafe batteries and inverter and install a generator or 19,000.
    They also said I should take the people I bought it from to court and offered to put it in a written report if I needed it for the judge . Well after spending 25,000. on the van I have no money left for a lawyer let alone them to fix it , I am so fustrated what can I do I NEED to start making $$ not spending more. Please I need some help figuring it out!![/QUOTE]

Leave a comment:

• Dog Charm
    replied
    I Can't tell you guys how thank full I am for all the help. I had to take a job at a grooming shop to make ends meet and have been busy working this past weekend . I am going to put up some pics and see what you guys think . It seams like there is a light at the end of the tunnel thanks to all of you!!

Leave a comment:

• kats_melody
    replied
    Originally posted by mylady View Post
    I am not in any way arguing the point here, as I was advised by many the same thing. However I just find it interesting that Ultimate Groomobiles still use E250's and I have seen older Ultimates that were built on Ford 150's. It seems even within the conversion companies there are differing opinions. I think it could be done with an F150 safely if you were very careful of weight, no water on board and no grey tank, that kind of thing, shore line only.
    That would be about the ONLY way you could make it work.

Groomobiles are a great product, but a bit sparse. If you add things like water tanks, gray tanks, a generator, lots of storage for supplies, a furnace and an RV type air conditioner instead of the household window unit they use, then you will have no capacity to carry YOU.

The maximum gross weight of our van is 9400 pounds. With full tanks, all equipment and supplies, without driver or passenger, the van weighs in at 9070 pounds. So when hubby and I go out on a grooming appointment, we are right at the maximum. We would be overweight in a E-250 or an E-150.

To see if your rig is overweight, look at the vehicle sticker on the driver side door frame to find the GVWR. Then get your van weighed at a truck stop or moving company. You might be surprised.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X