• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • melinda52
    Teacup Member
    • Jun 2008

Sad Day

Went to my first stop this morning to do an english bulldog named Chase. He is about 11 months old, very active and playful. Usually I go in and get him from the wife, today the dad meets mw out side with a very sickly sluggish pup. As a rule he's all over me and can't wait to get in the van. He rolls on his side and barely wags his tail, I checked his gums and they are white I pulled his skin up and it kind of stuck a little. I explained all of this to his dad and told him I couldn't groom him he needed to go to the vet. He took him and I called him this afternoon and Chase had passed and at that time the vet was going to do an ecropsey (sp) because they couldn't find anything in the test that had taken.
  • Fast Ellie
    Standard Member & Club 1,000
    • May 2007

That's heartbreaking. there's something special about bulldog puppies.

Good for you to recognize that the puppy was in serious trouble.

Comment

• brownlikewoah
      • Apr 2007

That is just awful. I wonder what caused it? Sorry to hear about the loss.

Comment

• Gracy Rose

Melinda, I am so sorry. About 4 years ago I had a client bring in her young English Bulldog who is normally wild and was very lethargic. I sent mom right to the vet and George passed away- they said it was internal bleeding and no one knows from what.

Please keep us informed.

Comment

• SCGroomer
          Teacup Member
          • Feb 2009

AW that is terrible!!! Did they not notice the puppy was not acting right. I lUV bulldog puppies. Good that you noticed something was wrong if you had groomed him and he had passed away after the groom can you imagine the back lash a groomer might have gotten. Good looking out for the puppy!!!

Comment

• baddog
            Champion Member & Club 1,000
            • Jan 2007

probably an obstruction...it amazes me that the owners don't notice !!!!!!

Comment

• ferretlov
              • Nov 2009

wow thats awful!!!!
              I had a client bring an english bull dog in for boarding about 5 or 6 years ago he stayed one night and they were in as soon as we opened the next morning I hadnt even gotten all of the lights on in the back when the receptionist called me to get their dog -I went to the kennel and he wouldnt get up....he had passed away in his sleep all snuggled up in his bed.I was horrified I had to leave work and the next day they called and wanted a necropsy done and the only place that did them is in kiissimmi-about 2 hours away and they wanted me to drive him there I couldnt do it and had to go home again.I couldnt pukk myself together for anything.I hope they find out what happened to this pup,the breeder should know if it was genetics or something else.

Comment

• windywaycavaliers
                Grand Champion & Club 5,000
                • Jan 2008

That's just so sad. Poor little guy.
                Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
                www.ChrisSertzel.com

Comment

• Smart-n-Pretty
                  Grand Champion & Club 5,000
                  • Sep 2007

All Dogs Go To Heaven.
                  "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
                  People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

• Poodleluv
                    Champion Member & Club 1,000
                    • May 2008

how sad. That must have been a heartwrenching experience for all involved. He is lucky in 1 way that he had a knowledagable pet care professional realize he was in trouble ,and try to get him help instead of grooming him.
                    "Everyone needs something to beleive in..I beleive I need another Poodle"
                    Quote:Cath

Comment

• Fluff and Puff
                      • Nov 2009

so sad but a good call on your part to recomend taking dog to the vet. Now the owner cant blame you for anything.

Comment

• melinda52
                        Teacup Member
                        • Jun 2008

Thank you all for all your comments. The owner let me know today that Chase had a tumor in his stomach that caused a problem with his liver. The vet sees to think it was genetics, the breeder said he would get with him and the vet and work something out with him. I know he paid a lot of money for this fellow.

Comment

Working...
                        X