Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shop Vac or canister vac instead of clipper system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shop Vac or canister vac instead of clipper system?

I'd love to have a clipper vac or taxi vac, but that just not in the realm of possibilities right now with my budget...who out there uses an alternative vacuum (shop vac, canister vac, central vac)? My only concern is noise...any suggestions for a quiet less expensive alternative to the expensive clipper vac systems? How much did you pay for yours?

A Central vac is what a taxi vac, laube vac, etc. is. If you call Laube 805-240-1300, they will tell you what to buy from Home Depot and sell you the pieces you need (adjustably control and clipper attachment).

Comment

I used a small shop vac with clipper vac hose attached for several years. Worked great. It's a little loud though.

Comment

Originally posted by Gracy Rose View Post
        A Central vac is what a taxi vac, laube vac, etc. is. If you call Laube 805-240-1300, they will tell you what to buy from Home Depot and sell you the pieces you need (adjustably control and clipper attachment).
        I don't have Laube clippers.
        "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
        People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

I use the Hoover GUV, with the iVac clipper. Mine is mounted in the bathroom of my trailer and it helps with noise, although its not that loud really. Much quiter than a shop vac, maybe because it has the variable speed controller so its running on low?

Comment

Do what I did. Mount the shop vac behind the tub wall with all the utilities. Central Vac the plumbing to the unit and use a foot switch to turn it on and off. I use my inconjunction with the Hanvey Clipper vac Upgrade kit. I have less than 200 in the whole set up.

I have an earlier post on the mobile forum with photos if you want to see how I did it.

Comment

I use a Laube I-Vac hooked up to a small shop vac. To cut down the noise I placed the shop vac behind a door left open just a few inches so the hose can stick through,and my hand can reach in to get to the switch. I have a little tieback to keep the door almost shut on a strong rubber band,so I can slip it off the doorknob ,and open door easily to dump out vacuum. Pretty monkey wrenched system,but it does work for me without breaking the budget.
              "Everyone needs something to beleive in..I beleive I need another Poodle"
              Quote:Cath

Comment

ivac

celebpet, I would like to see your setup. Tell me where your previous pics are. I am looking into renovating an older house into my grooming spa. Can't afford the other set ups for clippervac. I am looking at the ivac and using the shop vac for collecting the hair. Thanks.

Comment

I use a Karcher shop Vac for my clippervac and its not all that loud, pretty cheap to buy as well and very easy to empty. Plus it doubles as the floor vac.

Comment

Mine

is a small canister vac from sears virtually no capacity very quiet tied to a intermediate collection can in the work area powered off a dimmer to regulate the speed which is seldom below 50%.
                    The vac used to have one of those extension head gizmos with a long hose,I gave everything back to the salesman except the motor section. Might have spent 60 bucks but that was 10 yrs ago and it is still running strong plus it acts as the vac to clean the van. The intermediate can allows me to use it as a wet vac. Shop vacs get too hot and loud for me.

Comment

Working...
                    X