Just a couple of pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a couple of pictures

Just put up a few pictures on the web site. Nothing fancy.

http://carriagehousegrooming.com/Photos.html
    Last edited by Jedd; 02-16-10, 06:45 AM.

Gracie is really cute!
    My Blog: <a href="http://groomwise.typepad.com/in_the_dogs_house/">In the Dogs' House Groomwise Blog</a>

Comment

The pics are great! I read over the entire web site, and there are 2 things I would change,,, the fact that you think you are slow and the thing about your experience. I would talk about why you became a groomer & your education. Come up with some knid of mission statement....
      Mine is:
      our company is based on the belief that all dogs need proper care and grooming, no matter their age or temperament. Our unique Housecall Grooming Service offers professional one-on-one grooming of your dog in the comfort of your home.

Comment

Originally posted by RudyRoo View Post
        The pics are great! I read over the entire web site, and there are 2 things I would change,,, the fact that you think you are slow and the thing about your experience. I would talk about why you became a groomer & your education. Come up with some knid of mission statement.... .
        I agree, the website looks very nice. The pics look good but I would also take out the part about taking a long time to achieve your goal and the experience part. You need to sell it more!! Talk about the benefits that you can offer their pet: one on one personal attention, each pet is hand dried-not cage dried, skin soothing oatmeal baths, blueberry facials, hot oil treatments.
        You want your website to promote you as the best thing around and how much you can offer to their pets comfortable luxury grooming experience. Sound confident, not hopeful.

And set your business hours-dont say call anytime.

Comment

I have no doubt that between you and I, we can together provide your pet with a groom that will work best for both you and your pet. So please give me a call

I would reword this sentence to something like:

I'm confident that I can provide you with a groom you and your pet will be happy with.

Bump up the confidence level in the way you're speaking to the potential client. You convey that you're desperate for work and will roll over and do anything the client wants. Be the professional. People look to you for that confidence. Also, don't mention that mobile grooming is $15.00 more than stationary grooming. Too specific. Beleive me. You'll get people calling you with the cheapest shop price and expect you to tack on only $15.00 to THAT price.

Comment

I live in Hurricane. Not too far from you!

Comment

But I AM desperate, cheap, slow and inexperienced
              And above all else......I'm easy.

Thanks for the suggestions though. I will change everything you all mentioned. (Right after I beg Mitch to train me to groom like him).

Comment

Originally posted by Jedd View Post
                But I AM desperate, cheap, slow and inexperienced
                And above all else......I'm easy.
                Desperate - NO, NO, NO! Never let them think that you are desperate!

Cheap - DOUBLE NO, NO, NO! Dont underprice your work. You will start getting all the undesirables (dogs & owners) in the entire county and work yourself (and your equipment) to death for peanuts! A sure death sentence to your career before you even get started. You cant afford to be cheap - consider your rig, your equipment & supplies, cell phone, gas, mobile insurance, & the repairs and upkeep to your mobile and your equipment... check out prices of other mobiles in your area and price yourself accordingly.

Slow - You're not slow, just precise. Everyone is a little slower in the beginning, speed comes with practice. Better to be a little slower and give a good groom than rush thru and give a hack job that you would not be proud to put your name on.

Inexperienced - dont convey that to the client, they will take advantange of that - quickly!

While I know you said all of this 1/2 jokingly, you have to sell it that you are a great professional groomer, you are offering a luxury quality service & worth every penny of it!

Youre going to do great as a mobile groomer Jedd !
                Last edited by puppy love; 02-16-10, 04:35 AM.

Comment

Ok, I've redesigned it a bit. Thanks for your all's help.

And by the way, I'm still trying to decide if I want to feed the family and pay the bills by going away and getting a real job (which means we will eventually have to move away) or starve to death while I try to make a go at grooming full time. Most of my bills can be payed off so it's going to be close. But with three kids, one in college, a grand baby and two houses to pay for, I'm still not quite at the point where I can run like a naked jungle boy through the trees being free to do what I want.

I haven't really tried to market or advertise this business much due to my lack of confidence either. So if I do go this route, signing up for a full time school would be the first thing that I do.

Any help with this decision would be horribly appreciated. PM's accepted. (I'm actually losing sleep over this).

Comment

I agree with the others Jedd. Don't undersell yourself just because you don't have "credentials" yet. Your grooms look great, don't worry that you are slow or make the occasional mistake. You are as professional as anyone here, just not as experienced as some. Neither am I, but I choose to be Professional and I am. You are definitely more professional than your clients!
                    A Light exists in Spring, Not present on the Year, At any other period -- When March is scarcely here...~~ Emily Dickensen~~

Comment

Originally posted by Jedd View Post
                      Ok, I've redesigned it a bit. Thanks for your all's help.

And by the way, I'm still trying to decide if I want to feed the family and pay the bills by going away and getting a real job (which means we will eventually have to move away) or starve to death while I try to make a go at grooming full time. Most of my bills can be payed off so it's going to be close. But with three kids, one in college, a grand baby and two houses to pay for, I'm still not quite at the point where I can run like a naked jungle boy through the trees being free to do what I want.

I haven't really tried to market or advertise this business much due to my lack of confidence either. So if I do go this route, signing up for a full time school would be the first thing that I do.

Any help with this decision would be horribly appreciated. PM's accepted. (I'm actually losing sleep over this).

Are there any grooming shops near you that you could go to work for to make a paycheck and get some experience at the same time?

Can you get a Mon-Fri job and still start your mobile business on evenings and weekends?

Why would you have to move away to start another job? (not being nosy, just wondering if there are not enough jobs in your area)

Can you sell/downsize your housing situation to free up some cash? Azoci just did this exact thing and it seems to be a good plan for her...

I hate to see you have to sideline your dream of being a mobile groomer, there must be a way...

Comment

Working...
                      X