Help! I have a dilemma!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! I have a dilemma!

I wonder if anyone can give any advice to this situation.
    Im a mobile groomer and only have a shoreline connection. I had a problem with my connection yesterday at a customers house that I have groomed for about a year. I went to plug in in the garage and it would automatically trip the gf on the plug in. Plugged in outside, and plugged in in the house and the same thing. But I take it home and plug it in and its fine. It was only about 10 degrees, and dry, not snowing. Also the other day we were at a house and I could see some light flickers inside the trailer and a jolting type of noise, like when you plug in and you hear the power connection come on. It happened right at the end of the groom. Do you think I need a new conducter that goes to the trailer or what? I appreciate any comments. Ruthie

Maybe you were running too many things at once? What sort of heater do you have? I'm sure if I were to use a space heater & tried using the dryer or shop vac at the same time, I'd probably blow a fuse. If that's not the case, maybe there is an issue with your extension cord?

If it only seems to happen once in a while, it could have something to do with the amount of electricity being supplied by the individual house.

If it does it often, then I'd figure it has something to do with the connections within your trailer. For that I guess you'd need to take it to an RV or trailer repair place.

Comment

IDK, but if anyone does it would be Doug. He knows EVERYTHING! I came home one day, plugged in, heater went on and about 3 seconds later lost all power. Checked and my breakers in the house were fine. Rushed it to the mechanic and they couldn't find anythinf wrong. Have no clue what happened. Works ok now.
      What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

I just spoke to a plug in groomer that set a customers house on fire and ended up doing $12k worth of damage.....they had an older house and the breaker never popped just overheated....I would never plug in...too much liability

Comment

I wasnt running anything yet...

We just went to plug in and the gfi on the outlet automatically popped. Could it be possible that the cords were too cold to pass current? Whats Dougs screenname?

Comment

Baddog

Jeesh, that mobile groomer that set the house on fire must not have had breakers on her mobile aye? lol

Comment

cuddlebug

Check your trailers ground connection.You can buy your own tester and use it on the customers outlet you plan to plug into to check it as well. She could have been running other things on that circuit inside the house and not know it but if it is your ground (the third prong) on your cord you may end up shocking yourself.
              Have no idea who Doug is.

Comment

A gfci is not the same as a circuit breaker or a fuse.
                A gfci outlet will trip if the same amount of current is not flowing through both prongs (the neutral and the 'hot'). If that happens then the current is 'leaking' somewhere through ground. Also, if your lights flicker when something is turned on then you have a poor ground connected on that circuit.

So....it sounds like you have a loose ground connection in your trailer.

Comment

Thanks so much..

I bought a new connector that goes to the trailer, well see if there are any more problems at that house. Havent had any anywhere else. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by baddog View Post
                    I just spoke to a plug in groomer that set a customers house on fire and ended up doing $12k worth of damage.....they had an older house and the breaker never popped just overheated....I would never plug in...too much liability
                    I don't know the whole story of course, but my impression is there was a problem with the homeowners wiring. I don't see why that would be the groomers fault.
                    What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

Working...
                    X