Am I really that boring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I really that boring?

I have 6 dogs of different breeds that fall asleep either every time I groom them or once in a while. I just had another one today who I think liked the blow dryer a little too much and laid on her side, eyes closed just napping! Maybe the households they live in are too active so once the groomer comes its nap time.

This has happened in shops too so not just in the van.

yea, a golden retriever. She really knows she's at the spa. I've never seen such a relaxed dog.

Comment

[yawwwns] What?
      "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
      People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

I actually take it as a doggie compliment when they fall asleep...if they're comfortable enough in their surroundings to get that relaxed while being groomed you know you're a good groomer.
        ~*~*~Shawn, C.M.G.~*~*~
        Apparently common sense isn't all that common
        *~*~emipoo on egroomer*~*~*

Comment

I've lost count at how many fall asleep on my table. And the funny thing is, quite a few are the ones that run and hide when I come. I think I mentioned the one owner who was SURE her dog was a problem for me until I videotaped her dog sleeping on my table while grooming him. She watched as I literally rolled him around ( a 60 pound goldendoodle) to get him groomed. I'm constantly having to wake dogs up. I figure it's just so quiet in the van and they get bored just standing there, figure it's a good time for a nap. Either that or they are trying to find some way to tune out my singing LOL.
          What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

I have a few who fall asleep in the bath. I like the bathing the best, so I like making it so relaxing and a springer I do every 4 weeks really likes to be bathed. I take it as a compliment that I'm doing something right. His little eyes start getting really heavy and he just kind of tips over if I didn't catch him he'd probably hurt hiimself.

I had my own hair done a week ago at a new salon because the one I was going to closed down. Well the lady that did my shampoo scrubbed so hard on me that it was actually a little painful. When I was done and checking out, the salon owner asked me if I was pleased, and I had to quietly tell him that I was super pleased with my style, but I really was taken back at how rough the shampoo gal was with me. I left there thinking, god I don't even scrub the dirty dogs that rough. Then I thought maybe she just talked to boyfriend/husband and he made her mad or something and she was taking it out on me.

Comment

I have never had that happen

I read in a uk poodle book (old one) that those are the best grooms, you can pose them anyway you want, anywhere you need to work on! all I can say is you have good energy!

Comment

Originally posted by Moonpiepoodlz View Post
                I actually take it as a doggie compliment when they fall asleep...if they're comfortable enough in their surroundings to get that relaxed while being groomed you know you're a good groomer.

Yup, me too! Love the sleepyheads.....lol.... I always get a kick out of the ones that are sitting and have their eyes closed and start to sway.
                SheilaB from SC

Comment

Happens to Me Too.

I love it when they nod off. I think the sound of the scissors makes 'em sleepy. I have a houseful of Aussies I've mentioned before that LOVE to get into my trailer. While I'm working on one, all the others are sound asleep around my feet. I'm constantly stepping over sleeping dogs. They're just so comfortable, they don't budge.

Comment

snoring

I groomed a cocker spaniel who happens to be very sweet last week. I had him in the grooming loop with the groomers helper and the belly support with my hanvey LIPS system and he was snoring up a storm as I'm scissoring his legs. That is the cutest thing ever!

Comment

I've got a few of the bath sleepers too. Including my dog. He'll start nodding off and kinda leaning off to the side. That's my boy

Comment

I groom at a Veterinary hospital which is pretty quiet and it's rather relaxed in here. I have quite a few sleepers as well. The sleepers always make me chuckle but at least I know they're relaxed and not nervous. :-)

Linda

Comment

Working...
                        X