Using mobile trailer as a stand alone location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using mobile trailer as a stand alone location

I was a mobile Groomer, but lost my elite in the September floods here in Atlanta. I purchased a grooming trailer to work out of. However I live in a less than desireble
    location to my existing customers. Although I offer pick up and delivery I still have lost too many.
    I was wandering if anyone has used a trailer as a semi permanent location. There is a shopping center on a busy road just down from my vets office and I was thinking of renting space in that center and pulling my trailer there daily. I don't care to go back out on the road in all the traffic pulling a trailer from customer to customer through Atlanta traffic. so I thought this might be a good alternative. This is also where the majority of my customers live. I use to have a shop. I thought this would be a good alternative to renting a store front and having to outfit it. Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.
    Sparr

Maybe contact this groomer

That is as is on business for sale on pet groomer classified section,maybe contact her about how to do it, good luck Lynne

Successful Mobile Business - Unique - New Mexico

Set up in single ideal location; and clients drive right in....rarely idle! Great income and low overhead, with clients waiting for (those profitable) home visits. Owner retiring, will accept best reasonable offer, and will assist in transition. Details at [email protected] or cell 575-654-0520. 866-989-DOGS (3647) 2/20/10 AD# B-2009-0052
    Originally posted by Sparr;389839

I was a mobile Groomer, but lost my elite in the September floods here in Atlanta. I purchased a grooming trailer to work out of. However I live in a less than desireble
    location to my existing customers. Although I offer pick up and delivery I still have lost too many.
    I was wandering if anyone has used a trailer as a semi permanent location. There is a shopping center on a busy road just down from my vets office and I was thinking of renting space in that center and pulling my trailer there daily. I don't care to go back out on the road in all the traffic pulling a trailer from customer to customer through Atlanta traffic. so I thought this might be a good alternative. This is also where the majority of my customers live. I use to have a shop. I thought this would be a good alternative to renting a store front and having to outfit it. Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.
    Sparr

Comment

If you are going to go to the trouble of renting a spot out in front of a vets office, you might consider asking a vet that does not offer grooming about just renting space inside their offices.

Comment

Didn't insurance cover the Elite?

I guess I never checked my policy, but I was under the impression that it might have been covered in that incident. A freak storm could happen anywhere, so I guess we all should check to see what a backup plan would be if we suffered a loss like yours.

Comment

Thank you

Yes I have Gibson govener, and I was covered including lost wages. They were great to deal with. I just didn't want to go back out on the road. I used the equity in my truck to buy a trailer outright. So the only major expense would be parking lot rent. I would still turn the dogs quickly as in mobile. (sort of groom while you wait) I have been on the road for many years and was tired of generator problems and the rush. I just don't live in an area that my customers would normally come to and new customers that don't know me don't want me to take preious away where they don't know where she's going. My customers that stuck with me don't mind. I just don't have enough now.
          Thanks again.

Comment

car wash set up

Hi
            I've been thinking about that too. The transmission just went on my suv and I' so tired of sinking money into the business to keep it going. So, I was thinking of setting up at the car wash on weekends. I'll still need a vehicle to tow it, but won't be out there towing 6-8 hours a day.
            gentlegrooming

Comment

Working...
            X