Sprinters AC and a Horrid Noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sprinters AC and a Horrid Noise

We have 3 sprinters in our fleet and two of them have started making a horrible buzzing noise. This noise seems to originate with the AC unit in the back, since it will stop if turned off. Also, it only occurs when it's raining. I didn't know if any other Sprinter owners have dealt with this and what the solution might be. It sure can be annoying!

filters?

I dont know about the rain part but mine makes a really bad noise sometimes. I called Hanvey and they told me it was probably part of the filter inside getting caught as the blower spins around. Try to readjust the filter. THey are not hard to reach. It seemed to help mine a lot. I didnt have a problem until the a/c sat unused all winter.

Comment

I've had a few issues with my ac but never a noise. You can call Curtis and ask him. Maybe he'll know.
      www.gomobileandsucceed.com
      http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

Comment

i use to work in a sprinter and it did the same thing when i had the rear ac on, after about 6 visits with the repair guy it was a hose that needed to be replaced it was sort of a squealing sound and it was worse when i was turning but would stop as soon as i turned off the ac. hope that helps

Comment

Originally posted by holly paw-ly View Post
          i use to work in a sprinter and it did the same thing when i had the rear ac on, after about 6 visits with the repair guy it was a hose that needed to be replaced it was sort of a squealing sound and it was worse when i was turning but would stop as soon as i turned off the ac. hope that helps
          Hubby says that if the rear A/C on the Hanvey wor
          ks off of the engine it may be a belt or pulley problem. He seems to remember there is a problem with Sprinters regarding A/C drive pulleys, reading it somewhere but he can't remember where.

Best to call Curtis and ask. If it is the filters, pull the filters temporarily and then run the A/C. If the noise is still there you know it's not the filters.
          "With God's help, all things are possible!"
          Laura Lee Ray
          I am kats_melody on eGroomer. Follow my Twitter tweets - @ZOOMGROOM on Twitter.com

Comment

Working...
          X