Pricing Questions-AGAIN!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pricing Questions-AGAIN!

How does everyone alert customers to pricing? Do you put it on your answering machine message or in a tri-fold? I was thinking of saying everything starts at 55.00 (I live in a small, growing town) then goes up according to coat, temperment, ect. (I haven't gone mobile yet, Will start in May) Any suggestions would be really helpful!!

I don't post prices anywhere. It is all done with a verbal estimate. Too many things factor in that affect pricing and they must be explained to the client. I am mobile and charge hourly, plus service call and I still don't list it anywhere. It is much more personal to discuss your services and qualifications before stating price. That way they know why you might be more than the place down the road.

Comment

Mamabear, is that your black lab? Beautiful picture!

I'm in a shop, but don't list prices. As previously mentioned, too many variables with each groom. I don't have a strict hourly charge, but my prices are based on how long a groom takes.

When I first started, I listed prices on a pamphlet and quickly regretted it. Sometimes people hold onto those things for a long time, long after the prices have increased, then you have to explain the price increase. Easier to charge the new price when they're not looking at the old lol.

Comment

I'm to the point now where I'm going to say something like (at the end of the message)...."If you are calling regarding pricing, pricing starts at $XX and is based on breed, condition of the dog and distance". I'm way to busy, getting home too late, and have too many phone calls to make to waste time returning calls to price shoppers. For the most part, I find that customers who call only with the question "how much do you charge?" usually don't end booking appointments.
        don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

I think it would save you ALOT of headaches screening customers and ending up with some "sticker shock". We say that "basic bathing begins at $40" and beyond that we would be happy to see the dog and provide a quote. Alot of people have NO idea what grooming costs and this way they get an idea of where your price point starts.

Comment

First of all, if you are going to list your prices anywhere, save yourself some trouble in the future and include "prices subject to change" or whatever. I used to list my starting price in my voicemail, then stopped. I decided to do this again, however, because I am running into the same problem of having too many calls to return! Thank DOG I am busy, but, whew!

Comment

Originally posted by c.c. View Post
              Mamabear, is that your black lab? Beautiful picture!

I'm in a shop, but don't list prices. As previously mentioned, too many variables with each groom. I don't have a strict hourly charge, but my prices are based on how long a groom takes.

When I first started, I listed prices on a pamphlet and quickly regretted it. Sometimes people hold onto those things for a long time, long after the prices have increased, then you have to explain the price increase. Easier to charge the new price when they're not looking at the old lol.
              Good Idea! Thanks for the input! and CC, the Lab in the pic looks alot like my one of my Labs at home, but I don't have good pic of him. I've tried, but it's so hard to photogragh a BLACK dog! Anyhow, thaks for your input. That makes alot of sense especially since I am in a small town that's growing so fast, I don't know how people here will recieve a mobile groomer. We don't have one!

Comment

Working...
              X