Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pricing structures...

Hello All,

I understand we are not to discuss specific pricing, so that is not my intention with this post. I am starting a new mobile business and trying to formulate a pricing structure. Do any of you offer a discounted price for clients willing to go onto a weekly or every two week schedule? Obviously it could be worthwhile in the long run to do so by providing an increased income over a period of time and less work/time for each visit, compared to a monthly or six week schedule. What I've not been able to come up with, is a way to sort of enforce it. What would keep those folks from canceling/or pushing back an appointment at the last minute? Can/do you offer a few day window? Then, what about the agreed, discounted price? How/at what point would that be adjusted?

Any advice/suggestions will be appreciated and considered. Thanks in advance.

cp

I'm not fond of discounts. Well maintained pets will cost less than pets that are groomed less frequently. I don't think of this as discounting just pricing by the job and I definitely wouldn't say "discount". I wouldn't want people expecting a discount in the future, or their friends calling thinking they can get a deal.

I like the idea of weekly and biweekly clients paying in advance. Seems like they'd stick to schedule. Anyone doing this, confirm?
    That Tenacious Terrier!
    www.thattenaciousterrier.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ThatTenaciousTerrier

Comment

Seahorselady, please read this thread. Personally, I never offer a discount for anyone. I offer a luxury service and so the word 'discount' doesn't occur in my day to day operations.
      Lots of good advice from sevral seasoned mobile groomers.

http://www.petgroomerforums.com/chat...001#post383001

Comment

If our customers commit to a six week or less schedule, booking at least six appointments in advance, we give them a "Preferred Customer" discount.

We give a military discount only if the customer has one of our coupons from one of the military oriented web sites we advertise on.

That's it. No other discounts.
        "With God's help, all things are possible!"
        Laura Lee Ray
        I am kats_melody on eGroomer. Follow my Twitter tweets - @ZOOMGROOM on Twitter.com

Comment

I have just recently started giving out a 'damn, I cut all the hair off your dog's tail' discount. But only to qualified members of the 'damn, I cut all the hair off your dog's tail' club.

Problem is, nobody comes back to claim it.

Comment

Jedd - hahahahaha

Originally posted by Jedd View Post
            I have just recently started giving out a 'damn, I cut all the hair off your dog's tail' discount. But only to qualified members of the 'damn, I cut all the hair off your dog's tail' club.

Problem is, nobody comes back to claim it.
            Love it - LMAO.

Comment

Working...
            X