Back to Mobile Groomer 2 years gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to Mobile Groomer 2 years gone

After retirement and buying my Wagntail unit I became fairly successful and had a bunch of regular clients. I decided to move to the mountains and buy a cabin. I sold my unit with all my equipment, even my wonderful bathing beauty! I was thinking I wasn't going to groom again. I tried different jobs, interesting jobs and even started my own business. Well, darn it I missed grooming! I love dogs and I love making them feel good and smell good. I finally purchased myself a grooming trailer a few days ago and I'm buying my equipment. I'm going to work spring and summer and take the snowy winter off.

My questions to you folks are, I had to make a decision on dryers and from what I read that you all said there were some top dryers, high velocity to choose from. Since I haven't got my trailer yet it's coming via trucker from Wisc later next week, I didn't know how much power it would take. I was swinging towards a Davis but I wanted to order it at that moment and they delayed with their email so if you snooze you loose, ha. I finally weighed all my options and I knew that a good dryer and a bathing beauty plus a Andis lighted clipper were what my first important things were to get first. I decided on a Chris Christensen Kool Dry.

Can you folks tell me if this Kool Dry will work well on these big mountain dogs that take forever to dry. There are not many foofy ones up here, ha.

Anyway did I make a good choice?. Also driving a trailer behind my truck in the mountains will also be interesting. Does it take long to learn to back them.

Any help getting back in the saddle is appreciated, I'M GLAD TO BE BACK, I MISSED Y'AL!

I use the Kool Dry, I don't have many big hairy dogs but do have 3 big Doodles. They take me 2 -2.5hrs bath dry haircut etc. I just found Best Shot Ultra Max shampoo, conditioner & finish spray. This is awesome stuff, helps to dry the dogs quicker then I was before using this stuff, helps with d-matting & d-shedding. I'm using it on everything now.

Shannon
    The Soapy Puppy

Comment

you will love the Kool Dry and yes, it does a great job on those big hairy beast's

Congrats on your new mobile biz (again)!

Comment

Thanks, Where do I get those products?

Thank you for replying and thanks for the congrats. Where do I buy those products you were talking about that help reduce the drying time?

Also they say that Chris who makes the Kool dryer has a spray that takes the soap out of the rinse on the dogs have you heard of that?

Comment

The After Bath Rinse removes the shampoo/product residue and smells awesome. I like to use it on scissored breeds. The Best Shot Ultra Max products are available from www.ryanspet.com, but I am sure many others as well. It is a 3 step system: shampoo, conditioner and finishing spray.

Comment

Isn't there...?

Isn't there also a speed dry spray? I forget which brand, since I put it in a spray bottle at the shop. I am thinking it's from Show Seasons (not the shampoo, a spray).

Comment

Welcome Back, I think that's wonderful. your gonna be vacuuming alot, but sounds like those hairy working breeds are gonna need you. good luck to you.

Comment

Originally posted by PAWS View Post
                The After Bath Rinse removes the shampoo/product residue and smells awesome. I like to use it on scissored breeds. The Best Shot Ultra Max products are available from www.ryanspet.com, but I am sure many others as well. It is a 3 step system: shampoo, conditioner and finishing spray.
                Although it is a 3 step system I have used it with just the shampoo & spray or if a dog needs a special vet shampoo etc I have used the conditioner & spray or just the spray for the final spray. It works great. Mats melt away, shedding coats really blow. Its nice. The only thing I found is it doesn't cut heavy smoke smell (see my other post).

I get mine through my local dealer who also goes to dog shows, 3c's or Cascade Grooming Supplies. Its a little spendy but I find it well worth it.

Shannon
                The Soapy Puppy

Comment

Soapy Puppy is right. I never used the full system after the initial purchase, I just used the shampoo!

Comment

If you don't have a generator installed you will need to plug in. You can only pull 15 amps when plugged in. So what ever you use keep that in mind. Cool dry and big dogs will take forever. But if your clients know and you charge accordingly not a problem. Good luck

Comment

Working...
                    X