Credit Card in Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit Card in Mobile

Is anyone using a Credit Card option in their mobile unit? If so can you send me information on who you use and what they charge. Just starting to think about adding this as a service. Thanks

Since I'm employee so I don't know the terminal fees, but we process credit cards in our mobiles. We have iphones and use an app called merchantone. So far it's been easy to use and a time saver (before we'd have to wait until the end of the day and call them in or process via internet). The app was options like screen signing for authorization (I personally don't use) and sending recipts via e-mail to clients.

Comment

I sent you a PM. Although there are groomers, both mobile and in fixed locations, who do not accept credit cards because of the cost, I find that I can "upsell" things like PLAQCLNZ treatments and Boggy Dog Bakery snacks because I do accept cards.

My husband hasn't carried cash for years. If he can't use his debit card, he doesn't shop there. The costs are a legitimate business expense and deductible on your income taxes.
      "With God's help, all things are possible!"
      Laura Lee Ray
      I am kats_melody on eGroomer. Follow my Twitter tweets - @ZOOMGROOM on Twitter.com

Comment

the other thing I like about merchantone is that they deposit all funds into your bank account at the end of the day (6pm est).

Comment

I use a credit/debit card machine as I deal with a lot of military and most of them don't write checks or have cash readily available. I bought my machine outright and it's running me anywhere from $30 - $55 per month for the fees depending on how many transactions I do in the month. I use Redfin Network and the money is deposited in my account within 2 days of the transaction. An email is sent with at night with the days total transactions for M/C, VISA and Discover transactions listed separately.

I haven't had any problems with the handheld credit card machine (Blue Bamboo H5) nor with Redfin. I highly recommend them.

Comment

My stepson, kyle, is a genius when it comes to online stuff. He started a webhosting business when he was 18 and sold it two years later for a killing. He started a new american based online computer repair service that has been growing every day http://www.supportnerds.com/. While I have not started taking credit cards he has been used http://www.cdgcommerce.com/ for the last 5 years. Their fees are by far the lowest I have ever seen and they use the Quantum payment gateway. The gateway provider is just as important since their features will limit what you can and cannot do in the processing field. He showed me how he uses his credit card and automated billing system and I was impressed.

If you go to CDG, their wireless service is 30 a month and they give you a wireless terminal for free. The other option is to get a wireless cell card and use a laptop and process it with CDG internet option which is only $10 a month.

Kyle suggested that I just take their credit card info and batch process them at night when I get home and just forego the whole wireless thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Gracy Rose View Post
              the other thing I like about merchantone is that they deposit all funds into your bank account at the end of the day (6pm est).
              So... do they charge you the 19.95 a month for a wireless terminal? I went to their site and liked what I saw. I'm thinkin' bout taking credit cards, but I don't really have people that ask and don't see spending the extra $$ until I do. Or does that work the other way around? When people find out they can put it on their card, does that equal more customers? Confusing!

LOL!

Comment

Usually there is a charge for the terminal, plus a charge for the wireless airtime for the terminal. It can add up.

That's why we use an aircard hooked up to the laptop that's already installed on a mobile mount in the van. Internet is already there so the cost is lower.

Put the VISA/MASTERCARD/DISCOVER sticker on the sides of your van and state that you will take credit cards, and you will find your business does grow. About half of my customers pay by card, either debit or credit.

My only suggestion would be avoid American Express. They have outrageous discount rates and fees, and they charge an additional $6 a month just so you can have the "privilege" of accepting their card.

Be aware that those "rewards" cards cost you more to process, which is why we dropped AMEX. All of the other issuers have rewards cards as well. You may have to raise your prices slightly to offset the fees the merchant services company will charge you.

Also know that you cannot charge more if a person uses a credit card. BUT, you can offer a discount for CASH payment.
                "With God's help, all things are possible!"
                Laura Lee Ray
                I am kats_melody on eGroomer. Follow my Twitter tweets - @ZOOMGROOM on Twitter.com

Comment

Working...
                X