He got rid of the windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He got rid of the windows

Well, John, the guy doing my conversion on the shuttle bus, spoke to my husband on Saturday (they are best friends) and told him that he spent a lot of time getting rid of the windows! I had no idea he was going to get rid of them. Didn't matter to me to have them, but it will probably be easier to get graphics on without them. I keep bugging him for pics too. I just have no idea how you remove windows from a shuttle bus??? He amazes me sometimes.
    What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Originally posted by mylady View Post
    I just have no idea how you remove windows from a shuttle bus???
    Use a sledgehammer. Never fails.
    Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
    George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Comment

Well at least it will be easier to heat and cool without the windows.

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyFluffer View Post
        LOL, that's my motto! If it don't work, hit it!

Comment

I think the better quetion i, what did he replace them with? Hope you will still get some good light without the windows.
          What does a dog do on it's day off?

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyFluffer View Post
            Yup, that's what I always use

I once had a somewhat nosey next door neighbor. He was a retired mechanic and it seemed every time I went out my side door to work on something in my driveway/car/carport, he was there asking "Do you have the right tool for that???"
            I know he was trying to be nice but he drove me crazy!! When I was complaining about him to a friend of mine, she said "does he mean a penis" !!!!

Comment

My grooming van has big picture windows on both sides; I am claustrophobic and love this van; if it didn't have windows, I wouldn't be able to groom in it.
              Deidre

Comment

Well, I'm glad

You are happy. Myself, NO WAY would I groom in a little dark hole! My Chinook has huge windows, one is 8 feet long the other is 5 ft long. I'd have issue grooming in anything else now. I LOVE my huge windows. Yes, Window Perf, so you can't see in, but I love the seeing out, and so do my pets!

Just different strokes for different folks...

Comment

I have to agree with Pam. I would go nuts with no windows.
                  Not trying to offend or anything, but are you giving him any guidance at all in what YOU want, or is he just doing what he thinks is best? I gotta say, if someone who was not a groomer was building my van I would want to be consulted before anything major like that was done.

Comment

Currently I have two small windows in my rig that are in the fiberglass top and I HATE them! The sun always seems to come in at a weird angle and blind me while I'm trying to groom. I put up curtains and was much happier with it that way.
                    I've been talking with him about the insides and set up, what I needed, what problems I have with my current van he could hopefully avoid in the new one, etc, but he never mentioned anything about taking out the windows and I never thought to ask.
                    I know the Sprinters don't have any windows, as long as I am remember correctly, and i know a lot of people love them. most salons I have worked in had no outside windows so I don't mind, plus it's a bus so the front has big windows. Plus this is going to be pretty darn big inside so I don't think I have to worry about feeling too claustrophobic in it. As long as it has great lighting, I'm fine with that. Keep it bright and I'm ok!

Comment

Originally posted by mylady View Post
                      I know the Sprinters don't have any windows, as long as I am remember correctly, and i know a lot of people love them.
                      Really? I prepped my dogs in bubblesaway's Sprinter at the All American show, and she had a big window in the door if I recall. Hmm....
                      Jacob

Comment

Originally posted by Full_Groom View Post
                        Really? I prepped my dogs in bubblesaway's Sprinter at the All American show, and she had a big window in the door if I recall. Hmm....
                        I believe she converted that herself. I don't think the Hanvey vans that I've seenhave windows that I can remember. I know Sprinters themselves can have windows, but I don't think I remember either the Hanvey or Wag N Tail Sprinters having windows. I've only really seen them at shows so I could be remembering wrong.

Comment

OK, it was bugging me so I went and checked some websites. Looks like some of them have windows and some don't, so at least there are some groomers out there windowless LOL. Midnight, I'm tired, brain only working on half power, going to bed.

Comment

i have one big picture window and wish i had two! Wish there was one on the side where the groom table is..........dreamy..............

Comment

Yes I have a window, and all my freinds with sprinters have them as well. BUT I will tell you with your bus you don't want all those windows ( remmeber I started in a bus, sold it to Galley). I hope he left you something for sun light, but your bus doors will let some in. All those windows are just a heat source in the summer and a cold source in the winter. I got rid of all mine on the driver side on my bus and left 3 on the passager side, They are small school bus windows, not the large shuttle windows. I wonder how he "got rid of them" we tinted the windows black and built a wall, you couldn't see in at all.. You would never know unless you were inside there was no windows.

Comment

Working...
                              X