Generator Power Surges??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Generator Power Surges??

My generator has been down the past two weeks due to a broken ignition switch. Part took almost a week and haft to come in. I though I was going to pull my hair out waiting on it. It arrives and I'm back in business or so I thought. I scheduled several grooms that had been waiting for me to gen my gene fixed. So my first appt was fairly uneventful. Just a regular bath and brush. Next appt I get started and my lights are flickering, my dryer and clipper is revving up, my radio turns off and won't come back on, heater keeps going on/off. At this point in time I'm just trying to hurry and get done (not so easy with a nervous cocker that doesn't want its feet/legs done). I'm almost done and start to finish drying her ears-just a little damp when my dryer starts smoking and sounds horrible. Mind you the generator sounds like it is running fine. After I had my mini meltdown and finish the dog I notice my meter on my generator is bumping up and down slightly. My manual does not talk about any type of power surges. It is a 6500 watt diesel by All Power America (got from Northern Tool) So I cancel my last appt since I don't know whats going to tear up, blow up, or catch fire. The surges would come and go. Anyone have this problem before?

I recently had a voltage regulator go out on mine. I found a generator guy that diagnosed it for me. I ran it one day went out the next day and it was just dead. It would run but not put out any power. I pulled the plug panel and had a couple of shorted out wires. Not sure what cause that, but I figure that might have caused the regulator to go out.

YOu might be starting to experience the same issue. Eventually I'm going to buy a back up generator.

Comment

You have a control board problem. The voltage regulator circuit has a fault. The generator you mention is actually made in China, you may have some difficulty getting parts for it. Call Northern Tool for advice on where to get it serviced locally.
      "With God's help, all things are possible!"
      Laura Lee Ray
      I am kats_melody on eGroomer. Follow my Twitter tweets - @ZOOMGROOM on Twitter.com

Comment

Working...
      X