Had a week that just rocked!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had a week that just rocked!

I was starting to get a little discouraged, then bam out of no where I met a lady that knew my wife from high school. She opened up a business in a nearby town that had upscale clientele. She called me and asked I drop off some cards. Then two days later I had five new clients she refered to me.

I served those clients on Friday since I had nothing scheduled. Worked my butt off that day and while in the neighborhood I picked up four more clients and had two more call me that found me on the internet. Booked those for next week. I literally had people knocking on my trailer door these past two days thanking me for offering a mobile grooming business.

God is blessing me everyday and life just keeps getting better.

That's wonderful

Glad to see all your hard work is paying off.

I'm starting to wonder if I should take the Mobile Route... I Just don't know if I want to drive that much in the winter...

Comment

We had an awesome week too! It's been weird lately...we've been more busy than we were during the holidays. I'm thinking people were saving up for presents and now that all of it's over they are focusing back on their pets. I'm not complaining though!

Comment

don't forget to drop off a box of "thank you" pastry to the lady who referred

Comment

Great week here too

I had an awesome week too!! And very glad to see other people are doing well. I was afraid January would be slow like last year, but it is turning out to be much busier. I think people are bouncing back a little from the economy shift and spending a little more now.
          I hope everyone has a great week...mine is going to be another busy one!!

Comment

I had the slowest week since..cant remember

But then I had the stomach flu and had to cancel 3 days of appointments. I just thought I have been getting so busy because this is my almost 3rd year in business.

Comment

Hurray!

Your post made me so happy. Great for you. It is so nice when you can finally see the success coming. Keep up the great work!!! And they will keep coming!

Comment

Originally posted by celebpet View Post
                I was starting to get a little discouraged, then bam out of no where I met a lady that knew my wife from high school. She opened up a business in a nearby town that had upscale clientele. She called me and asked I drop off some cards. Then two days later I had five new clients she refered to me.

I served those clients on Friday since I had nothing scheduled. Worked my butt off that day and while in the neighborhood I picked up four more clients and had two more call me that found me on the internet. Booked those for next week. I literally had people knocking on my trailer door these past two days thanking me for offering a mobile grooming business.

God is blessing me everyday and life just keeps getting better.
                God is good! Congrats! One question though. The people that you picked up while you were in the neighborhood, did you service them the same day they found you? I know it's tempting, cause you need to make $; But, I've found if you do service people the same day, they tend to think your schedule is flexible and they tend to be the clients that try to manipulate you where scheduling is concerned. These people also tend to be fly-by-night clients. If you make 'em wait, they start out respecting your time and schedule. Just a word of wisdom from someone that's been there. Other than that, Welcome to the world of mobiling and again, Congrats!
                Last edited by Mamabearwith2; 01-24-10, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Heck No. I was booked solid that day so I had to schedule them over the next two weeks.

You can bet she has pastries coming.....along with a 50 off on her next groom for all the referrals.

As far as words of encouragement for Poodlestar. All I can tell you is its a leap of faith that you just have to trust in God. Long story short before I got into grooming I spent 8 years doing civil engineering and then 11 years in Public Relations that was a dream job. I traveled like no one else and met people we could only imagine meeting. I spent an entire evening hanging out with Jay Leno at his personal garage checking out his entire collection of cars and motorcycles. I spent an afternoon with Hulk Hogan and have worked on many movies turning NOS into a world renown brand that eventually became an energy drink.

When the economy took a down turn in 2009 the company that I worked for didn't care about anything that I did for them that kept them afloat for years or any of my past accomplishments. I was just a number to them and that rubbed me so wrong. I spent several months looking for a job, had lots of phone interviews, took several business trips to meet with potential companies, and got several offers. In the end I looked at everything and I just saw myself jumping back into a situation where I could be devalued in a second. During that time I adopted a dog from a rescue that I still do charity work for. My American Bull Dog mix Vito was a problem child, but I worked with him everyday walking with him in the dead of winter from Jan to april when my wife suggested I consider starting my own grooming businees.

So the next day I started researching. I found a school 3 hours from me. Came here and read information and looked on the Government Job website to find information about the future outlook of the industry. Then I started to look back at what I would have changed in my life after high school. I should have pursued a veternarian career like I wanted all my life. Like most people I got distracted by what was easy. However Vito my rescue dog made me realize what I had been missing in life; a chance to recapture my childhood of growing up on our family farm, working with animals, and doing something that people really appreciate....taking care of their family pets. It's the most rewarding thing I have done and I don't take it lightly.

After all I have my entire life saving invested in my new career. I now have my own business that alone is a dream every american has and only wishes they could acheive. The most rewarding part is I have emails every week from people all across the U.S. asking me how I'm doing, wishing me all the success in the world and a few are really asking a lot questions because they are considering a change in careers and are curious how things are working for me.

Do I miss my old job...sure I do, but if they came to me today and offered me a job for 10 times the amount of money I would turn them down. I consider myself free from the bondage of the corporate world and that is priceless. So if you like roller coasters, have the knowledge, grooming skills, and the drive to put up with crazy hours and do what ever it takes to succeed then you should go for it. If you ask me if I have the business sense I would have to say yes and no. I am lucky that I spent all those years in the corporate america; it also taught me what I like and dislike about how companies are run, but I still have a lot to learn about grooming that is why I am here trying to learn from those that are far more knowledgeable than I am at this time.

I hope you and eveyrone else on here that reads this knows that success is something that doesn't comes easy, it takes time, hard work, and you should celebrate each success no matter how big or small it may be. Celebrating renews and re energizes your spirit and its something everyone here should take time in their careers to do.

Good Luck and I we all should continue to share our successes so we can all celebrate together.

Comment

Celebpet

Awesome and inspirational post!

Comment

GREAT story celebpet! Good for you!

Comment

Great Post, Celebpet!

What a cool story. Glad to have you here. It's so funny that we forget what we loved as kids, but sounds like you're making the most of your dreams. God Bless you.

Comment

Looks like you owe your wife a foot rub, buddy.
                          "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
                          People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

Working...
                          X