See me blushing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• See me blushing?

I had to call to reschedule a client today. I called and got the husband on the phone (last name changed for privacy)
    me "Hi, this is Melissa from TransFURmations, is Ms Smith available?"
    husband "I'm sorry, she's not home at the moment, would you like me to take a message?"
    me "Yes please. We had something come up for next week and we need to reschedule Tasha's grooming appointment"
    (pause)
    hubby: "You mean Sophie?"
    me "?"
    hubby: "The dogs name is Sophie, Kasha, is my wife. I don't think she needs you to groom her"
    The rest of the conversation was me apologizing for the mix up. He sounded a bit insulted that I got them confused. Big whoops!
    What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Don'tcha just hate that when it happens... feet don't taste very good. LOL.
    A Light exists in Spring, Not present on the Year, At any other period -- When March is scarcely here...~~ Emily Dickensen~~

Comment

I UST did this a few minutes ago, The moms name is Suzanne and the dogs name is Ava.....I called SUzanne Ava....she laughed, but I HATE IT when I do that!
      <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

I did it yesterday too, dogs name is Lindsay and moms is Angie. But I do another dog named Angie, so maybe that`s where the confusion came from.

Comment

I've done that before too. The owner's name is Debbie and the dog is Darla. People need to give their dogs a dog name not a people name! LOL
          "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
          Diane

Comment

Been there, Done that too! Luckily never PO'd anyone, they just giggled and thought it was funny.

Comment

I've done that too! A few weeks ago our receptionist gave me a note to call someone and it was a girl's first name and their last name. I forget the name, but when I asked to speak with her, the woman who answered cracked up, then said, "you must be the groomer." LOL, I guess it was an ice breaker.

Comment

I never have that problem because i can never remember the owners names until I have groomed their dog 1000 times. The dogs names i do remember, except for a couple of multi dog clients that have identical dogs, I know the names but not which dog is which...lolol. Im hopeless, I know!!!

Comment

I've done that many times, the hardest one to remember is a dog named Doug, owner Martin.

Comment

Who hasn't done that

hehehe....I got to the point where I'm afraid to address the mom or dad by name. I just say hi its me with ... i'm calling to schedule ah ah ah ah your dogs groom. haha oops, sometimes on my second or third ah, they will say the name of their dog for me. And i'm not even blond.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                      I've People need to give their dogs a dog name not a people name! LOL
                      I've been grooming Maggie (Golden Retriever) for several years now. Sometimes I still don't get it right. Maggie's owner's name is Callie. My black standard poodle's name is Calli. Fortunately, most of the time I get Maggie out of the backyard.

Comment

I just groomed a Kasha today

Comment

I don't see why people get upset over that. Gee whiz if you name a dog a human name than its understandable. Its not lke you called the owner Fluffy or Buttons

Comment

Originally posted by pinkpoodle View Post
                            I don't see why people get upset over that. Gee whiz if you name a dog a human name than its understandable. Its not lke you called the owner Fluffy or Buttons
                            LOL I totally agree!!!! I have a client who's name is Corkey and her dog's name is Perde. I have groomed sweet old Perde for almost 15 yrs now and I still have to check myself when I talk to her owner or leave a message. I think it is mostly because I have had quite a few Corkey dogs through the years.
                            SheilaB from SC

Comment

oops

Hey, it happens. Don't feel bad-I live in South Carolina and I'm from the MidWest. The other day I honestly could not understand what the client was saying. So I asked how it was spelled and the word was Summer, I can't even tell you what she was calling it but it wasn't Summer. I felt silly when I found out that was what she was saying.

Comment

Working...
                              X