Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trailer doors. Those with cargo doors...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trailer doors. Those with cargo doors...

I need to learn something. For those of you who have trailers with a cargo type door for your side entrance, the type with the swing arm type latching system, how di you secure the door while you are inside? How do you lock it on the inside while you are working?

I've seen this rather often as I visit trailer groomer websites. I know the RV type doors work like most normal doors and lock from the inside and out.

Curtis

If you are talking about the doors like on the Gryphon trailers they have an internal lock.
    If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

Curtis

I just thought they must be modifing them or changing the mechanism out. Other wise some one could lock you in from the outside with a small stick or a screw driver.

Comment

They don't need a screw driver to lock me from the outside lol. there is a bar that does that. I always have my cell with me and the dogs let me know if anyone is outside.
        Doug,
        You sound like my dad. He worries that someone will lock me in. I don't worry.

Comment

wonder why they don't just put rv type doors on them in first place? kinda strange?

Comment

I don't worry about these silly things lol. I wish that was all I had to worry about. Like I said, the dog lets me know if someone is near the trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by Doug View Post
              I just thought they must be modifing them or changing the mechanism out. Other wise some one could lock you in from the outside with a small stick or a screw driver.
              That was my first thought! "OH MY GOSH, I'M GOING TO DIE IN HERE, LEMME OUT LEMME OUT!!!!" Just the thought makes me feel clausterphobic. I was sitting in church one morning when someone started talking about spilunking (walking through caves). She said it got so narrow they had to crawl through on their bellies. I had to walk out, my heart was pounding and I was nearly sick. I need psychotherapy, lol.

Tammy in Utah
              Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

door latch

I am pretty sure it would be easy to change the way the door latch handle functions with out jumping through hoops.It needs a handle of the same on both sides and the locking part only on the inside you could even use a shorter handle inside.The bolt would have to go through the door and both handles locked onto the bolt so they both raise and lower together.Just remove the pad lock part on the outside or fill in the hole so no one can put a stick through it.
                Some trailers probably already have it so there is a corresponding handle inside and you only need to switch it to the reverse so it locks inside instead of outside and add a dead bolt to key lock it when it is parked and not in use.

Comment

mine already has a key lock, just has the swinging arm to put the pad lock on for extra security.

Comment

So glad this was brought up

Mental note to lock the mechanism so no one can lock me in.

Thanks ya'll!
                    Erica

Comment

Working...
                    X